Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unpublicised extensions to contracts revealed by the Argus

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
The Argus has revealed that several members of the League One Championship winning squad were awarded extensions to their contracts which were not publicised.

Talks have started with the players not in Poyets plans for next season.

Poyet told the Argus: "There are going to be players that are going to have to find a place elsewhere because they are not going to be part of things.

"Now the manager knows very well the players he wants for next year it's as simple as that.

Shamir Goodwin has been awarded a professional contract.

Poyet expects to sign up to six new players in the summer

Out of Contract this season:

Alan Navarro
Vicente

Out of Contract 2013

Casper Ankergren
Ashley Barnes
Roland Bergkamp
Peter Brezovan
Liam Bridcutt
Gary Dicker
Lewis Dunk
Adam El-Abd
Tommy Elphick
Gordon Greer
Will Hoskins
Marcos Painter
Michael Poke
Matt Sparrow
Romain Vincelot

Will Buckley
Inigo Calderon
Ryan Harley
Kazenga LuaLua

Craig Mackhail-Smith
Craig Noone

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Indeed! Hopefully sitting in the stands, although they may alternate as permanent substitutes. I will question Gus's sanity/ambition if he hasn't secured a new No.1 by seasons start.

And this. I will seriously question Gus if he does not urgently address our most pressing need!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
It's bad news that all of our good players are still in contract bar Navarro & Vicente? How is that bad?

Because we've given several players who I expected us to get rid of longer contracts. The negatives out way the positives.

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
Because we've given several players who I expected us to get rid of longer contracts. The negatives out way the positives.

I expect Gus will extend the contracts of those whom we don't want to leave on Bosnans e.g.Bridcutt as one example and then tell Russell Salad that he has first dibs and quality league one players

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

These players were part of a team that won the League 1 Championship at a canter. Do you really think there will be no takers for them?

The likes of Navarro, Painter, Angkergren etc are top quality League 1 players. Exactly the kind of players that teams who want to get out of that division are looking for.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
I think these will be the ones that Gus will say you dont have much of a future with us.

Casper Ankergren
Gary Dicker
Marcos Painter
Michael Poke
Matt Sparrow

and also maybe these if he get the players to replace them

Tommy Elphick - doubt he will get back in the squad now but who knows.
Will Hoskins - obvs dont feature in gus plans no more or he wouldnt of been loaned.
Romain Vincelot - I hope he doesnt go as hes been good when played as cm, rb or lb .... but he doesnt seem to feature much.

as for Harley all we can do is prey for a club to be interested in him.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
6 in, so guessing at least 6 out it seems.

We need 2 strikers, 2 central midfielders, 1 left back, and 1 goalkeeper, as a minimum. I'd have liked a further defender as well.

Am I missing something here? The Argus say some players have had their contract extended and some people here add 2 and 2 together and make 5 and assume these players - not named as far as I can see - are ones that we should be looking to offload? And therefore next season is already a write-off?

Whatever happened to trusting Gus?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Could be worse, barring a few (Bridcutt, Barnes, Dunk) the majority of top players have at least two seasons left. The only upsetting thing is, barring offers, we could be stuck with Painter (and Dicker) for another year...*weeps*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here