Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

university of portsmouth

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Just wondered if anyone has done a degree course here and if so if they have any comments re student life etc. Thanks in advance

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Don't know about the uni but I did a training course down there for a year. The City is a pit. I've never been back and would need to be paid serious money to return there.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I've a friend from uni (in Exeter) who lives in Portsmouth and she says the social life is great, though the locals are a bit scary. However both points will be true to pretty much anywhere where there's a university!

My GF did her degree there - good up-and-coming uni. The city has a lot of character, the nightclubs seemed to be pretty varied I recall - there are many, many worst places to do a degree. My best mate has recently started as a lecturer there and he spouts the same stuff as me, so at least I've given you a flavour of what to expect Shingle :lolol:

Last edited:

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Lived there for six months before I left their course for Chester. Social life is good, lots of boozers and a lot going for for the student types. Uni is pretty good too with a lot of resources (like you care about that... ;) ) The itself is nothing special, a lot of shitty parts, but I enjoyed my time there. In fairness I was drunk for most of it. Won't be heading back any time soon though.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
London Irish said:
My GF did her degree there - good up-and-coming uni. The city has a lot of character, the nightclubs seemed to be pretty varied I recall - there are many, many worst places to do a degree. My best mate has recently started as a lecturer there and he spouts the same stuff as me, so at least I've given you a flavour of what to expect Shingle :lolol:

Its not for me LI, its for my oldest boy. He's just finished his 1st year of A levels and is thinking of Portsmouth, he went to the Open day yesterday.

Thanks for the info

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
My bro is down there and loves it - HUGE union bar as well!

Although I consider it to be the armpit of the south coast on principle!

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
I went to Uni there and had a great time.

Portsmouth can be rough in places, however much of decent student life revolves around Southsea which is infinitely nicer.

I really enjoyed my years down there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here