Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unfortunatley....

as i live in Worthing, which is one of the most safe tory seats in the country, having voted conservative since the second world war, I see no point in participating in an election i cannot influence, which is also my first chance to vote.

who else is in a similair position in the constituency they are eligible to vote in?

thealbionfan

Oct 6, 2003
Also in Worthing...yet I continue to vote knowing that for some reason the Tories stay in...

You should and need to vote...democratic right and all that...

I have to say I do get frustrated with the system though...:down:

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Same problem for me in the Bexhill and Battle constistency, waste of time unless you vote Tory and hell would have to freeze over before that happens. With no Green or other option I simply won't bother:down:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I always think it is worth voting - look at the 2002 French Presidential elections, where so many people though Jospin was going to easily win that nobody actually bothered to go out and vote. As a result, voters had to chose between a crook (Jaques Chicac) and someone from the national front (le Pen) in the run-off vote.

In many ways, I think a similar shock needs to happen in Britain to encourage people to go out and vote again.

Last edited:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Plooks - VCN2K means (I think) that his constituency has returned a Conservative candidate at every election since the war. Not that he has voted for a tory for all these years.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
What!? You have voted since the second world war for the tories but yet this is your first election you can vote in!?

Me confused!

Worthing in general have voted Conservative since the second world war, not Mr Keeper!

What!? You have voted since the second world war for the tories but yet this is your first election you can vote in!?

Me confused!

Worthing constituency has voted tory since the second world war

i turned 18 last summer so this is the first one i can vote in

weirdly i had a feeling my wording might confuse somebody!! Thanks for the reassurance :thumbsup:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
move this!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
Worthing constituency has voted tory since the second world war

i turned 18 last summer so this is the first one i can vote in

weirdly i had a feeling my wording might confuse somebody!! Thanks for the reassurance :thumbsup:

How are the Lib Dems in Worthing? Strong Tory seats tend to have the Lib Dems as their serious threat. This has been the case in the South and Home Counties.

My constituency, Derby North, is Labour through-and-through, so I have no problems there. :clap2:

Now in Arundel and Sussex Downs. One of the SAFEST TORY SEATS:angry:

On May 6 I shall mostly be putting my feet up

General Election 2005: Arundel and South Downs
Party Candidate Votes % ±%
Conservative Nick Herbert 24,752 49.8% -2.4
Liberal Democrat Derek Deedman 13,443 27.1% +4.7
Labour Sharon Whitlam 8,482 17.1% -3.6
UKIP Andrew Moffat 2,700 5.4% +0.7
Protest Vote Party Mark Stack 313 0.6% +0.6
Majority 11,309 22.8%
Turnout 49,690 68.5% +3.8
Conservative hold Swing -3.5

How are the Lib Dems in Worthing? Strong Tory seats tend to have the Lib Dems as their serious threat. This has been the case in the South and Home Counties.

My constituency, Derby North, is Labour through-and-through, so I have no problems there. :clap2:

In East Worthing and Shoreham, typically labour, Worthing West Lib Dems, however the majority has always been that of 8-9,000 votes over the 2nd placed party for the tories.

Think it's likely lib dems will get second in East this year, with the 20 year old grandaughter of tony benn standing for labour!

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
If everyone took the attitude not to vote then we would get nowhere. I personally think that it should be compulsorary to vote.

Your vote may not make a difference but you will have at least had your democratic say.

I fervently believe that anyone who does not vote does not have the right to complain about anything that happens in politics in this country.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
I think I'm right in saying that before the current goverment were elected 13 years ago, there's only been one Labour MP in the whole of Sussex, and that was Denis Hobden in either Pavilion or Kemptown, and that was only by 1 vote.

I'm anticipating a flaming here............

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Mid Sussex for me.

There's more chance of Tiger Woods making a lifelong vow of celibacy than of big-boned Nicholas Soames losing this Conservative banker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here