Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unfinished East Stand?

Pixelated Penguin

Jul 5, 2011
I'm sure this has been posted before but can anyone enlighten me as to why the East Stand still has builders working above the seated area with less than a week to the first match. (south stand cladding unfinished aswell)

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Actually, I don't think it has been mentioned.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Building the new restaurant I believe.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The South Stand cladding will remain unfinished because thats where the new executive/hospitality boxes are going.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Any idea why the back 2 rows of the middle of the West Stand Upper haven't got seats?

alternative seats to be put in for North Stand row Z refugees ?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Have to admit that I am surprised that they didn't put the concrete blocks in the top of the East Stand when the stadium was being built, in readiness for the extra seats. Surely it would have been far easier at that stage rather than wait until the whole ground is fully enclosed and access for a crane would be much more difficult and disruptive.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Have to admit that I am surprised that they didn't put the concrete blocks in the top of the East Stand when the stadium was being built, in readiness for the extra seats. Surely it would have been far easier at that stage rather than wait until the whole ground is fully enclosed and access for a crane would be much more difficult and disruptive.

Think they need to do some thing with the upper east side (thats in Manhattan isnt it), even if it is getting a blue sheet made up and stretched across the space.

Smithy24

Sep 1, 2009
Any idea why the back 2 rows of the middle of the West Stand Upper haven't got seats?

Because of the curved top of the stand, the stairs don't reach the edges of these rows so anyone sitting there would have to climb over the rows in front to get to their seats, so I guess they're just keeping them empty?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here