Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Undisclosed fee

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Undisclosed fee, McGhee is probably too embarrassed to admit that he has now completely wasted all of the Coca Cola money.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As I mentioned on another thread, this "undisclosed fee" malarky really pisses me off. Whats the big secret ? Why arn't us punters permitted to know how much he's been sold for ? Arn't we ENTITLED to know how much cash we've got for the sale of what should have been one of our key players this season ?

What a load of SHIT.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It can be to protect the club. If someone knows we got £500k for a player and we want to sign someone, more often than not you are bound to get quotes of £500k instead of the true value.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So why didn't we also hide Virgo's fee which was much greater?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Kinky Gerbils said:
It tends to mean its low and the club are ashamed

Or it's really high and Sheffield Utd are ashamed.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Rangdo said:
Or it's really high and Sheffield Utd are ashamed.

:lolol: Actually the reason is that any player we go after today is likely to have their fee upped as we have obviously made a bit on CKR. We just don't want sellers to know how much.

Can't see why we took a low price from Sheffield Utd. Warnock seems to be ready to buy any player who becomes available. If CKR's fee was lousy why didn't we accept the £150,000 that Barnsley allegedly offered ?

Thing is I reckon Knight and McGhee showed good sense in passing on Burgess, if the player had nothing to hide why wouldn't he have a medical ?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
bhaexpress said:
:lolol: Actually the reason is that any player we go after today is likely to have their fee upped as we have obviously made a bit on CKR. We just don't want sellers to know how much.

Can't see why we took a low price from Sheffield Utd. Warnock seems to be ready to buy any player who becomes available. If CKR's fee was lousy why didn't we accept the £150,000 that Barnsley allegedly offered ?

Thing is I reckon Knight and McGhee showed good sense in passing on Burgess, if the player had nothing to hide why wouldn't he have a medical ?
Because the chance is higher could be playing Barnsley next year?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Kinky Gerbils said:
Because the chance is higher could be playing Barnsley next year?

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: Probably back in League One too !

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
BarrelofFun said:
It can be to protect the club. If someone knows we got £500k for a player and we want to sign someone, more often than not you are bound to get quotes of £500k instead of the true value.

Exactly. We are in the market to buy somebody (today hopefully). Why would you disclose that you have x amount received for a player. You would only price the valuation of the player that upwards.

I'm glad some people on here dont negotiate transfers

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
DIFFBROOK said:
Exactly. We are in the market to buy somebody (today hopefully). Why would you disclose that you have x amount received for a player. You would only price the valuation of the player that upwards.

I'm glad some people on here dont negotiate transfers

Like DK did with Turenzio you mean ? :lolol:

Tubthumper said:
Undisclosed fee, McGhee is probably too embarrassed to admit that he has now completely wasted all of the Coca Cola money.

If it's what CKR's dad said it was, we have actually made a small amount on him, not "wasted" anything. Aaron Berry's money is still with the club to be used again on hopefully a more worthy individual.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I tend to think it's because we don't want other clubs knowing how much we've got to spend. If we are trying to buy a striker today, we don't want the selling club suddenly upping the price because "hey you can afford the extra, you've just sold Kazim for £x".

I find it frustrating not knowing, but I can understand why.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Easy 10 said:
As I mentioned on another thread, this "undisclosed fee" malarky really pisses me off. Whats the big secret ? Why arn't us punters permitted to know how much he's been sold for ? Arn't we ENTITLED to know how much cash we've got for the sale of what should have been one of our key players this season ?

What a load of SHIT.

Maybe its a larger number than you know. I can't take more than 9 grand and few hundreds.
Whats the biggest number you can read?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Meade's_Ball said:
Maybe its a larger number than you know. I can't take more than 9 grand and few hundreds.
Whats the biggest number you can read?
I start to struggle after a hundred to be honest, but my carer often helps me out with the big ones.

Anyhoo, I'm not sure I buy into this "we don't want other clubs knowing how much we've got" theory. Every player has his valuation, and if we think the other club is taking us for a ride on the basis of how much we fleeced off Sheff Utd for Sulkydraws, then we say "no thanks then", theres no deal, and the selling club end up stuck with a player they could've sold if they'd been realistic in their asking price.

Maybe you can ramp players prices up with the likes of Chelsea and Man U, as money really is no object to them. But when you're dealing with hand-to-mouth peasants like the Albion, I'm not convinced its really a factor.

Last edited:

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
Easy 10 said:

What a load of SHIT.

Agree for fucks sake if it was`nt for the fans( or one fan in particular ) we would`nt have got him in the first place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here