Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Under rated actors

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The bloke I like a lot is John Goodman who made his name in Rosanne. However, he has done a string of excellent films and is far more than just a big fat guy.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Peter MacNicol - was John Cage in Ally McBeal... Top guy

Wienergull

Geht in Ordnung
Jul 10, 2003
Berlin Mitte
bhaexpress said:
The bloke I like a lot is John Goodman who made his name in Rosanne. However, he has done a string of excellent films and is far more than just a big fat guy.

Yep, lots of great performances in Coen Brothers films, especially Big Lebowski. Talking of which, Jeff Bridges is consistently good too.

I'd also go for Bill Murray, Hackman (brilliant in Royal Tenenbaums - has anyone seen Bill Murray in Rushmore by the same director?) and Cusak. Other favourites are William H Macy, Frances McDormand, Joe Mantegna (House of Games, Things Change) and the late J T Walsh.

Jul 20, 2003
J T Walsh:

I could quite happily watch Red Rock West and The Last Seduction again soon. Which links quite neatly to:

Bill Pullman,

whatever happened to Bill Pullman? He used to be President.

Gareth Glover said:
We have the heavyweights such as De Niro, Pacino, Hopkins etc but who in your opinion is a mighty fine actor who for whatever reason does not get the recognition and awards they deserve for their work.

I my opinion the 2 actors below are on their day as good as the above but do not as yet have an oscar on their mantlepiece.

Tom Cruise
Jim Carrey

Not quite in the under-rated category though GG.

I always remembered the character of 'Billy Bibbitt' in 'ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST', that was acting genius, and the bloke never caught much in the way of parts since......until recently he cropped up in 'LORD OF THE RINGS'. I don't know his name even, but I had to admire his acting talent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here