Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unbeaten home record vs scc in playoffs

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Persuming we win the league & beat scc in the process.Would a home defeat against Huddersfield that guarantees them promotion instead of scc be a bad thing.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
That would be 100% fine and dandy, and a favour returned with interest!

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
No, I want us to go the whole season unbeaten at home. I thinks Saints will get 2nd regardless of if Hudders beat us or not.

So do I which will be a good achievement.But don't forget 1977/78 when scc & spurs played out a final day 0.0 draw to stop us from going up,If we could win the league against them on April 23rd & then extinguish their automatic chances On April 30th then yes.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
If we beat Southampton and Huddersfield beat us it has to dramatcally increase their chances of getting promoted but no, I wat us to win the title and beat as many records as we can along the way.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Keep winning. Don't give a toss who is second.

Let's face it - the choice is between the smug wife-beater Ferguson, the arrogant Mr Cliche along the coast, or the Northern EDL crew. I can't really bring myself to be rooting for any of them, so just keeping winning, and leave them to sort it out.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Stay unbeaten at home all season.

I really do not give a toss about who else gets promoted
This first and foremostly. I'm hoping the lads can go through the season unbeaten at home. That would be incredible and I'd be surprised to hear if we've ever done it before. I certainly don't expect to see it ever again.

If we do beat Soton and then lose to Huddersfield, I would be very disappointed at first, although it would probably give way to a hearty chuckle if it ends up costing Soton their automatic promotion spot.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
keep winning. Don't give a toss who is second.

Let's face it - the choice is between the smug wife-beater ferguson, the arrogant mr cliche along the coast, or the northern edl crew. I can't really bring myself to be rooting for any of them, so just keeping winning, and leave them to sort it out.

this!

hunter121

Banned
Mar 17, 2011
a favour returned with interest!
10.jpg
jeromssummer_flickr_photos_848.gif

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
If it's a draw maybe but a defeat no (unless we have already lost out unbeaten home record).

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
If Huddersfield needed a point to guarantee second spot ahead of those whiny little SCC idiots I'd be more than happy to play out a dull 0-0 with no shots on target from either side, I'd like to keep the unbeaten home record.

Alex

Nov 3, 2010
Pathetic from you lads, yet again. Stop talking about us and enjoy your inevitable league win.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Pathetic from you lads, yet again. Stop talking about us and enjoy your inevitable league win.
Perhaps start a thread on saintsweb linking this post to show how unpathetic Southampton fans are by comparison?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton

Er, why?... When your manager can't stop talking about us?... Perhaps if he concentrated a bit more on his own piddly little team they may not be so far behind...

Mind you, he's only bitter and twisted because we turned him down in favour of Gustavo and he had to settle for second best... Again...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here