Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

U2

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Park stage for me looks fantastic this year and has always been my favourite location within Glastonbury

Good call. I like sitting up the hill to the left of the stage as the sun is setting. This is pretty special.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I know there is the other stuff, thank God. This will be my 14th Glastonbury, and the music line up is by far the weakest I can recall. Most other festivals are pissing all over it. Look at the line-up for Primavera Sound in Barcelona, by way of comparison.

I'd agree that on the face of it the music line-up seems weak this year. However I think that can be a bonus at Glastonbury as you no longer feel you HAVE to be somewhere at any given time, it frees up the festival for me.

I like the look of the Avalon stage this year, I'll go and see U2 and the missus is dragging me to see Coldplay who I will probably end up enjoying anyway. Best news for me is the return of the Ultimate Power dj's in the Stonebridge Bar on thursday, a couple of hours spent singing along to power ballads with a tent full of drunk people, marvellous stuff!

Again looking for to the nightime stuff, Shangri-la, Arcadia etc are all brilliant fun.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'd agree that on the face of it the music line-up seems weak this year. However I think that can be a bonus at Glastonbury as you no longer feel you HAVE to be somewhere at any given time, it frees up the festival for me.

I like the look of the Avalon stage this year, I'll go and see U2 and the missus is dragging me to see Coldplay who I will probably end up enjoying anyway. Best news for me is the return of the Ultimate Power dj's in the Stonebridge Bar on thursday, a couple of hours spent singing along to power ballads with a tent full of drunk people, marvellous stuff!

Again looking for to the nightime stuff, Shangri-la, Arcadia etc are all brilliant fun.

Thursday night is "Fish and Tits" for me.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here