Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

U2 forced to cancel Glasto appearance

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Always amazed me that a band could rise to to height of popularity that U2 got to whilst using the same riff in nearly all their music. I thought Status Quo took the piss but even they are more varied. It's not like Bono is charismatic either.

Anyone gonna try and cancel or sell their tickets? Thought not.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Id guess you lot have never seen them live. anyone who has will be disappointed.

Saw them on the Joshua tree tour they were fantastic, I'm just not enamoured with much that they have done since. Personally I'd rather got to New Model Army headlining Avalon on the friday, but my missus would have insisted on U2.

It will be interested to see who is lined up to replace them, I can't see Dizee Rascal topping the bill.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Id guess you lot have never seen them live. anyone who has will be disappointed.

Sorry I have to disagree I saw the Zoo tour in the early 90s and I thought it was the biggest pile of poo I have ever witnessed, to the point we left early. Old days in the 80's were good but since then they have become a pretentious average band.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I am a big U2 fan and I hate to say that admittedly, after the Zoo TV tour (Actung Baby), they have been on a steady decline in regards their live gigs.

Now it's all about the technology and size of their stage rather than the music and bono's voice.

If you want real U2, listen to any live performance from 1990 or earlier!

Check out as well BAD, Live Aid....best live U2 performance, FACT!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I am a big U2 fan and I hate to say that admittedly, after the Zoo TV tour (Actung Baby), they have been on a steady decline in regards their live gigs.

Now it's all about the technology and size of their stage rather than the music and bono's voice.

If you want real U2, listen to any live performance from 1990 or earlier!

Check out as well BAD, Live Aid....best live U2 performance, FACT!

Good call re Bad at Live Aid, it was a terrific performance. Whilst i'm sure their performance would have been an enjoyable experience at Glasto, musically I doubt it would get anywhere near as good as somehting like that performance. My g/f really wanted to see them and I would have gone along with it but I'd rather be at NMA or checking out some of the smaller stages whilst U2 sucked most of the crowd.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Well I have a ticket to see him over here but I'm pleased the tour is postponed. It clashed with another gig I wanted to go to (Switchfoot and Hawk Nelson) and now I hope I'll get to both. Haven't seen U2 since about 1983 and don't suppose they will be as good as back then, but live music is always good.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
You can pinpoint the moment U2 became shit to the moment when Bono discovered wraparound shades...

This is brilliant news as far as I'm concerned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here