Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two Thirds of our Remaining Games ...

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It does. The big matches tho have to be SCC and Hudds at Withdean. Win those and we really will be laffing.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think we are all getting a tad excited and a tad worried now, it's a different feeling from being in the bottom half of the table, and we have so much to offer next season that we didn't have previously, namely a new stadium, a dedicated chairman and a great manager. And sitting proudly on top of the table for the best part of the season is making everyone bite their nails down to the bone. Best to forget the stats and just hope we beat everyone they put in front of us.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think we are all getting a tad excited and a tad worried now, it's a different feeling from being in the bottom half of the table,

I agree, I worry before every game, even though being clear of everyone with games in hand on most we can actually afford to lose a couple of games...even when we are winning I worry about how Bournemouth, Saints, Huddersfield and Charlton are doing :ohmy:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
As the season end draws closer it does start to worry you more what others are doing even when we win, I suppose it must be the fear factor of having gone so far so well it could all be blown away.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
The next 5 league games are- Plymouth (H), MK (A), Yeovil (A), Carlisle (H) and Brentford (A).

Should be aiming for 11-13 points from these. MK and Brentford will be tough games

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The next 5 league games are- Plymouth (H), MK (A), Yeovil (A), Carlisle (H) and Brentford (A).

Should be aiming for 11-13 points from these. MK and Brentford will be tough games

I think the Tippy Tappy Play-Off final against MK Dons might be very one-sided.

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
18 games left, win eight of them and we are promoted, simples.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
... are against teams in the bottom half of the table.

And most of those games are at home.

This bodes well.

For some reason I can imagine you sitting at Bracknell Towers at the end of a long dinner table with your finger tips together and saying this in a very serious deep but slightly pleased evil super hero voice. :lol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
18 games left, win eight of them and we are promoted, simples.

Don't be a fool as that does not even meet the expectations Poyet demands of two points per game.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If the players have the same attitude and go into games thinking we need to win x number of games we will come unstuck lets just keep winning and all will come good.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think we are all getting a tad excited and a tad worried now, it's a different feeling from being in the bottom half of the table, and we have so much to offer next season that we didn't have previously, namely a new stadium, a dedicated chairman and a great manager. And sitting proudly on top of the table for the best part of the season is making everyone bite their nails down to the bone. Best to forget the stats and just hope we beat everyone they put in front of us.
It's a really weird feeling for me considering we're chasing promotion, but I'm simply not worried at all. In all honesty we are absolutely streets ahead of anyone in this league. Sure we may lose the (very) occasional (away) game but on the other hand we usually manage to carve teams open with ease. Look at yesterday, the game was won after an hour and we more or less closed the game down at will. If we'd needed to carry on at a high tempo because we were still drawing or only one goal up, I firmly believe that is what would have happened. On the other hand, Huddersfield, Charlton and Southampton often labour to wins and find themselves dropping points. And these are our closest challengers.

At the end of the day, the only thing stopping promotion is complacency and I see NOTHING to suggest that complancency is setting in. The players will be aware of the difficult run-in, and will want it all wrapped up as quickly as possible.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think the bigger issue is it is unlikely anyone will totally thrash us, every game were are in it to win it which bodes very well.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I think we were complacent prior to their goal. As soon as that went in, they didn't have another sniff. Gus won't let that happen again.

One other reassuring thing - goals can dry up, so teams who are up the table because they score lots of goals can find their form can be very volatile. Teams that don't concede goals tend to be more stable. It's hard to see our form blowing up unless something radical happens to our back four.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Probably need to win 10 but I doubt 8 will be enough !

Maybe 9 wins 6 draws (33) - 89pts should be enough

I reckon we could win 8, draw 5, lose 5 (which would be a fairly average run for us especially looking at the fixtures) - 85 points and still get comfortably promoted.

When you look at it like that you can't help but believe! The donkey work has really been done now, we just need to hold our nerve and see this through!!

Although realistically I think we should win 10, draw 5, lose 3 on our current form and looking at the remaining games = 91 points and champions!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here