Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two points from six - hardly play off form?

Att his stage of the season, would you have preferred a win and a defeat (mpre points but presumably one iffy perfoamnce for the defeat) or two draws - less points but with decent performances?

Am I alone in thinking that we hmay have missed a trick here.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
And we are in the midst of a goal drought too. No goals in 204 minutes of football.

Maybe we could've done with a loan striker?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
f*** me, you're a tough crowd.

We've had a fantastic March, only slipping up against Walsall, playing Donny off the park, holding our own against Forest and Leeds and this with a makeshift defence including Mayo.

Thank f*** we didn't lose. You'd be calling for Wilkins head.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
2 great results by the team and Wilkins has given us a real platform for a play off. I am delighted with 2, 0-0's.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Att his stage of the season, would you have preferred a win and a defeat (mpre points but presumably one iffy perfoamnce for the defeat) or two draws - less points but with decent performances?

Am I alone in thinking that we hmay have missed a trick here.
What "trick" have we missed then? That Dick Knight didn't thrash out some sort of agreement with the 2 other clubs to negotiate an extra point?

And anyway, we'd have been in a worse position with a win at forest and a loss at Leeds IMO.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I am DELIGHTED with the two 0-0s. Technically 3 pts may have been better, but ONLY if the win was against Leeds.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Sharing the points with two close opponents, away from home, at this stage of the season has to be considered a resounding success...it could be argued that taking three points from the Leeds game and losing at Forest might have been more beneficial to our play-off challenge, but at least a couple of decent performances and draws keeps the unbeaten run (and momentum) going nicely.

I am happy!!!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Didn't we slip up against Huddersfield?

Yep! I was just gobsmacked at the moaners brigade clutching at any straws now that we've got a half decent side and chance of a play-off position. Un-f***ing-believable that people actual whinge about drawing the last 2 games - and remember they were AWAY at 2 of the BIG GUNS in the league and we've got INJURIES. Loads of 'em.

Do they drink pints of vinegar to make them this bitter?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Two clean sheets from Forest and Leeds will be a huge boost for the team and certainly a platform to build upon.

It is not inconceivable to suggest that we could catch Forest and certainly Leeds are a big threat. We deprived them both of three points from their home fixtures which is a real bonus. Forest are going to be gunning for points now and they still have to play another of our rivals, in the shape of Tranmere.

It was imperative that we didn’t lose and we have not. Of course, it could have been better, but it could have been a whole lot worse.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
we have been to Forest AND Leeds and not lost!!

the players would be more responsive to go undeafeated through that Easter period, rather than have lost a game!!

But it all no good if we hold our own against the stronger teams in the league, but lose to Port Vale or Luton

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
So, these results are shit, Glenn Murray is shit. Any more? Elphick and Lynch perhaps, they could be shit. Haven't had any Wilkins Out threads lately, he's shit isn't he?

:yawn:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Gully's girls are shit, Mayo's shit, Hart's shit, Cox is a jumped up little c*nt, Robinson's a ponce, Martot's useless, Thomson doesn't get forward enough, blah. blah. blah zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Gully's girls are shit, Mayo's shit, Hart's shit, Cox is a jumped up little c*nt, Robinson's a ponce, Martot's useless, Thomson doesn't get forward enough, blah. blah. blah zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No new loan players, DK too tight, bring back Hammond and G'OC. I see Bas has scored TWO goals for Millwall...

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Looks like somebody put their clocks forward a bit too far, April 1st is tomorrow.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My 9 year old made me play him on Fifa 08 at the weekend. I had to be Cork City for some reason, and George O'Callaghan was RUBBISH.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The fact is the two sides we have played are both play-off rivals and we may have won one and gained three points on one but by losing we'd have lost 3 points on another. Having come out of these two games with no ground lost on either side is fantastic and credit to the manager and players.

Of course these results mean nothing if we can't then capitalise on our 'easier (on paper) games such as PV on Saturday.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
In theory I would have agreed but the confidence gained from two very decent performances cannot be underestimeated!

Besides at Forest we could have won it and at Leeds almost definitely. on another day we may have got 4 or even 6 points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here