Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two more trialists bite the dust

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I don't know whether anyone has posted it yet but I've just noticed from Seagulls World that McGhee has decided this evening not to pursue his interest in Liam Marum and Dan Severino. Now there's a surprise. Given McGhee's track record at spotting talent, I wouldn't be surprised if they turned out to be half decent players.

http://www.seagulls.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/LatestDetail/0,,10433~868067,00.html

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Maybe, but i'm also glad we are not signing players for the sake of it.If they are not any better than we've already got, then no need to sign them.

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
At the bottom of that piece it is revealed that an Albion XI will play CRAWLEY in an added pre-season friendly. Is this going to prove contentious, bearing in mind the controversy aroused from playing Milton Keynes.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Trust the manager FFS

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Adriodinho said:
\I am trying, but it is frustrating we can't get players!

OK so what players do you expect to arrive at a club with no money and in Division 1 ?

1066gull

Beach Hut said:
OK so what players do you expect to arrive at a club with no money and in Division 1 ?
If we showed ambition to go back up, players in the mould of Freddy Eastwood and Dichio.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Adriodinho said:
If we showed ambition to go back up, players like Freddy Eastwood and Dichio.

Get a grip FFS, journey men.

BTW where do we get the revenue stream from bearing in mind no Falmer = Extinction

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Most trialists are shit anyway.It's quite hard to unearth a real gem.Our only chance is grabbing out of contract players as soon as they become available in june.But again we are to slow to act.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Slow is not the word we are making the same mistakes as we did last season .Ten games max then Deano takes over.:clap:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
nobody's dupe said:
At the bottom of that piece it is revealed that an Albion XI will play CRAWLEY in an added pre-season friendly. Is this going to prove contentious, bearing in mind the controversy aroused from playing Milton Keynes.
Yes.

Crawley fans will be boycotting and wil no doubt want us to do the same - and given our history we certainly should.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Dan Severino touch looked off for most of the game so perhaps he isn't that big a loss.

The ex-Reading lad hit a nice goal but didn't do much otherwise.

Zebedee said:
I don't know whether anyone has posted it yet but I've just noticed from Seagulls World that McGhee has decided this evening not to pursue his interest in Liam Marum and Dan Severino. Now there's a surprise. Given McGhee's track record at spotting talent, I wouldn't be surprised if they turned out to be half decent players.

http://www.seagulls.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/LatestDetail/0,,10433~868067,00.html

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Moan, moan, moan, moan, Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............

Adriodinho said:
If we showed ambition to go back up, players in the mould of Freddy Eastwood and Dichio.

It's nothing to do with ambition, those type of players don't fall off trees for a club like us FFS! We've got plenty of ambition - that's why we agreed a deal with Preston for Dichio, he just wouldn't come here when he could stay in the Championship with Plymouth!

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Beach Hut said:

Are you breaking this to me gently ?we will not be signing the likes of "Beckham, Owen, lampard", etc etc, !!!!!!!

i'm not to sure i can take this sort of bad news !!! :shootself :p

Bakesy said:
Maybe, but i'm also glad we are not signing players for the sake of it.If they are not any better than we've already got, then no need to sign them.

Those two triallists worked hard and did contribute. But it's hard to see how Severino is any better than any of the flank midfielders like Paul Reid and OGH we already have, and hanging on for someone like Brittain might be smarter.

Marum looked like another version of Alex Revell, a tall targetman with some useful movement - but again, we don't need two such players.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
London Irish said:
Those two triallists worked hard and did contribute. But it's hard to see how Severino is any better than any of the flank midfielders like Paul Reid and OGH we already have, and hanging on for someone like Brittain might be smarter.

Marum looked like another version of Alex Revell, a tall targetman with some useful movement - but again, we don't need two such players.

Exactly.....so its pointless buying for the sakes of buying

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Zebedee said:
Don't worry, they'll be back on two year deals in a week or two. :lolol:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Beach Hut said:

Yes, but we are playing at a level now where we are not at a disadvantage to our rivals... other clubs in similar financial positions are signing players... we are failing to do so...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here