Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two good things about Eastbourne

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
1. The weather. I think it really is sunnier there than the rest of Sussex. Take yesterday morning as an example. Blue skies and warm sunshine. Clouds to the west that seemed to stay away. Then drove back to Mid Sussex and hardly a ray of sunshine for the rest of the day.

2. Wonderful to see Green and Cream buses in the old Southdown livery. Seem to have two different company names on the side, Renown or Cavendish. Anyway, top marks to the company, whoever they are, for reviving such a classic livery. Made me feel quite nostalgic!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
3. They still have some good individual shops rather than just chain stores.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
5. "you are now leaving Eastbourne"

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
They've got two football teams/grounds and a decent cricket pitch.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
6. You no longer feel old or past it when you visit Eastbourne and walk amongst the local inhabitants.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It's actually quite funny but 80% of the ASBOS in Eastbourne are for the over 60's.

Voice of Reason

Jan 7, 2006
Hailsham
Still no parking scheme......................... yet. The ESCC conservatives insist on commiting suicide and forcing it in. Roll on the elections.

Oh, yes, the Bandstand.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
The free airshow going on outside my window at the moment.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Bizarrely the weather thing IS true! Almost everytime I travel from Brighton to Eastbourne the weather is better on 'The Sunshine Coast' than further west.

As for the airshow, was there yesterday for the Royal Marines hand to hand combat display which saw one of them lying motionless on the ground at the end of the display, two army medics and four ambulance crew still working on him twenty minutes later when we left. Anyone know what the problem/outcome was?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here