Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two BILLION watched the Royal Wedding?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
What a load of RUBBISH. As if one in three people in the WORLD watched it.

I love it when people make up a random figure and none of the press question it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Have you got a link to that? I'm not even sure that many people have access to a tv.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i'm not up with this sort of thing but in true nsc fashion i am going to contradict you and say the two billion viewers would be a 1 in 4 or 25 % rather than 1 in 3........

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
i'm not up with this sort of thing but in true nsc fashion i am going to contradict you and say the two billion viewers would be a 1 in 4 or 25 % rather than 1 in 3........

My bad. I thought the overall population of the Earth was about 6 and a half billion.

Even if it is one in four, that is still BALONEY.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I have to confess given the time differences across the World I find two billion a bit extreme as well. The press and media do like to hype these things up as they think that statemnets like this make good 'feel good' copy.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
My bad. I thought the overall population of the Earth was about 6 and a half billion.

Even if it is one in four, that is still BALONEY.

I doubt that one in four Brits watched it, unless you include those force-fed it on the news highlights.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm certain a LOT more than 1 in 4 Britons watched at least some of it. Also I can guarantee ALL of India would've watched it, theyre obsessed with our royals, so that's near a billion on it's own.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Apparently the choirboys in Westminster Abbey will earn £7,500 each in royalties for the broadcast of their choral anthems

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

The earth's pop is 7.2 billion (ish) but how many of those have access to a TV?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here