Twitter: who still doesn't get it?

Twitter: do you get it?

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
c150million people are now registered Twitter users.

But nearly every time Twitter is discussed, some folk on here go on about how they "don't get it", very possibly referring to it as Twatter for heightened comedic effect.

So, do you get it?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
dont need it, have NSC.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's still not that great in my opinion though. Basically Facebook Status Updates. Woop-de-doo.

People say they don't "get it" because I think they're expecting a lot more from it when people refer to it as "the next big thing", when really it isn't.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
OK for any twits on here:

Facebook is readily available on pretty much any mobile device that would run twitter. Thus, what is the point of Twitter?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well then you don't get it then!

Enlighten me then.

What is the POINT of twitter. [for people who do not need to know that David van Day has 'bought some frozen peas in Tesco'].

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
c150million people are now registered Twitter users.

But nearly every time Twitter is discussed, some folk on here go on about how they "don't get it", very possibly referring to it as Twatter for heightened comedic effect.

So, do you get it?

I don't get why people use the term 'comedic' when comedy will suffice.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
It is great for instant feedback on just about anything - the Ryder Cup, X Factor, tonight's apprentice, the Albion game last weekend etc etc.

edit: plus it's a chance to nose into what famous people are up to

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Enlighten me then.

What is the POINT of twitter. [for people who do not need to know that David van Day has 'bought some frozen peas in Tesco'].

But that is the point, it's purely for stalking celebs (and perhaps keeping abreast of technology type stuff).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
OK for any twits on here:

Facebook is readily available on pretty much any mobile device that would run twitter. Thus, what is the point of Twitter?

is it so you can read the mundane trivialities of the lives of people you DON'T know, as well as those that you do?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Which media platform was breaking news out of Iran during the recent troubles when nothing else was?

Oh right, that'll be Twitter then.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I know what Twitter is. I know how it works. I know why people use it. I have zero interest in it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Enlighten me then.

The concept of trending subjects, the idea of subscribing to entire groups of subjects, the idea that you might offer something to others without unnecessary invasion of privacy (only recently addressed in FB).

I can't see the point of subscribing to people who tweet about their last fart and what they had for breakfast, but that's the point - I can just stop following them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here