Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Twitter Tweet Tweet

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
OK, I need some help. I have posted this before and still can't seem to get the point. What purpose doe's it serve and do you use it.

I have been on my account and I am supposedly following 13 people who all seem to be talking nonense. Am I supposed to get a text when some one tweets, I just dont have a clue.

This is a genuine call for help, anyone got an idiots guide or can take the time to construct a few bullet points I would appreciate it.

:mad:

OK, I need some help. I have posted this before and still can't seem to get the point. What purpose doe's it serve and do you use it.

I have been on my account and I am supposedly following 13 people who all seem to be talking nonense. Am I supposed to get a text when some one tweets, I just dont have a clue.

This is a genuine call for help, anyone got an idiots guide or can take the time to construct a few bullet points I would appreciate it.

Not ashamed to admit that I am in the same boat. I am trying to use it to follow various work related sites. Can't be bothered to keep going into it andlooking - can I have it scrolling along the bottom of my screen, or something.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Just follow who or what you want to.

If you feel the need to tweet something do it if you don't don't

Look whats trending look at that

Follow what/who you are into - footballers, horse racing, mates, comedians etc if you get fed up with just stop following them

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I started to use Twitter 'properly' back in May.

Being one of the NSC cycleistas, I found twitter was the best way to get the pro cyclists opinions at the major Grand Tour, that they were competing in.
I've picked up other cycling people on the way, mainly journo's.

So when Lance broke I had loads of links to documents and opinions all right there in front of me.

I don't suffer fools for long, so Nooney and KLL et al didn't hang around.
In fairness all our footballers don't seem that interesting.

So I guess what I'm saying is start on a specific on going subject close to your heart.
Pick a few people from close to the source, follow them and then slowly expand from there.

A scatter gun approach encompassing how many times someone has been to Nando's just isn't going to make Twitter worth while.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
If you're a commuter the national rail enquiries twitter account (or southern rail uk) are very useful.
I use it to follow bands, news and a couple of mates
As was said above footballers talking about Nando's ain't exactly stimulating but there is plenty of stuff on there that is quite useful or fun

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
@OfficialBHAFC [MENTION=4645]bha[/MENTION]Snappy
@BBCBreaking [MENTION=3357]brighton[/MENTION]argus

Good ones to start off with.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
I use Tweetdeck app on my smartphone which combines Facebook and Twitter feeds into one single feed, making it very easy to scroll through various tweets or FB posts. It also lets you post to twitter and/or facebook with one click. I don't generally look at Twitter very often on my laptop, definitely more of a phone app thing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I was reminded of this thread, last night.
I was posting on here a picture of the legal document alleging deformation against the UCI, brought by Paul Kimmage.
(Which is pretty interesting to those of us following pro cycling).

Anyhoo it could only have happened through twitter or facebook, and I'm not on facebook.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom

You follow interesting people and they tweet about interesting things, it's the quickest way to get updated for football scores or the news....

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I use it to tweet those interested in the NSC greyhounds to tell them when there are running and other news like that.

I haven't asked CMS for a RT yet.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I use it to tweet those interested in the NSC greyhounds to tell them when there are running and other news like that.

I haven't asked CMS for a RT yet.
I don't think I've turned CMS off my twitter feed.
But I have turned off his RT's.

I haven't heard from him in months!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Another snippet picked up on Twitter. We don't want JFC cup tied.

Jake Forster-Caskey ‏@JakeCaskey35
Home for the weekend because I can't play in the FA cup. Coming the #BHAFC game tonight .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh and for just plain and simple comedy, Milton Jones is the twitterer to follow.
He and twitter were made for each other:-

Milton Jones ‏@themiltonjones
Dear all, just to say I will be leaving my job in the genetic department of the RSPB. Sorry for the round robin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here