Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Twitter - How do you report someone for racial abuse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
This is not true. If we had a well settled and intergrated ethnic community that arrived 60 years ago you would have a point. But seeing the majority arrived under the last labour regime then it is a reasonable assumption/Generalisation to make.
Mass Immigration has done the OP no favours either as his Englishness at least by appearance wont be taken for granted.
What are you talking about? Not only are you bizarrely incorrect. That assumption is a million miles from reasonable - The problem is ignorance, something you seem quite blessed with

Dandyman

In London village.
i wasn't referring to that , but something that you've accused me of in the past :whistle:

No, I just dislike immigrants from Uckfield undermining the traditions and culture of Lewes.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
What are you talking about? Not only are you bizarrely incorrect. That assumption is a million miles from reasonable - The problem is ignorance, something you seem quite blessed with

I think you will find those figures correct, labour relaxed immigration laws and chain immigration rocketed as well as signing up to the EU Shengan agreement which they didn't have to.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The kid got his facts wrong anyway. We all KNOW Brett is CHINESE so there.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Different Immigration issue. The number of Muslims has trebled in 20 years for example.

The problem with Muslims and Americans is that they still rule using the fear of God.The rest of the world has accepted he does not exist,As nigel would say can you keep up.diving for cover now:lolol:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
As a fellow Chinese Albion fan, I'll say this...

Words meant in a racist way can hurt - that's just how it is. Not all the time. From my own experience, most of the time they wash over me. I've dealt with it enough times already and will effectively deal with it in future. I remember being four years old and being told to 'go back to your own country' by neighbours. As an adult, mostly I feel immune to racist language and then - when I least expect it - something gets past my defences and I feel hurt. When working with children in an after school club, I remember the rare times when I've been called 'Paki' and 'Chinky' and it's stung me. Maybe it stung me more because I didn't expect it from a child - similar to Mendoza's experience, perhaps.

Most people are too proud to admit that throwaway remarks can affect them. As adults, we mostly don't want to be seen to be vulnerable to name-calling, and yet the reality is that sometimes, because we're human, we are.

Last edited:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
& we're off... & I think he meant the issue was you were talking crap - keep up

I gave an example of ethnic Immigration thats all, I didn't know you were so blindingly stupid your only responses ar Ad Hominem and denial.

Dandyman

In London village.
Different Immigration issue. The number of Muslims has trebled in 20 years for example.

No, it has not. The 2001 census said there were under 1.6 Muslims, the 2007 Labour Force Survey gave a figure of over 2.0 million and I would guess the current figure is around 2.0 to 2.5 million. Most immigrant communities have relatively high initial birth rates which tend to significantly decline over time. The Jewish and Irish communities both provide good examples of this.

It is also of course not a different issue as Muslims are now mainly British.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
No, it has not. The 2001 census said there were under 1.6 Muslims, the 2007 Labour Force Survey gave a figure of over 2.0 million and I would guess the current figure is around 2.0 to 2.5 million. Most immigrant communities have relatively high initial birth rates which tend to significantly decline over time. The Jewish and Irish communities both provide good examples of this.

The sooner religion is made illegal through out the world the better, there is no god get used to it we are all worm food in the end. People should be referred to by the country they come from not there religion, i am English not protestant or Catholic religion is control of the masses through fear and has no place in modern society.rant over sorry i will go now

Last edited:

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I gave an example of ethnic Immigration thats all, I didn't know you were so blindingly stupid your only responses ar Ad Hominem and denial.
You keep getting things factually wrong. People keep pointing it out. Sorry on everybody's behalf for being stupid

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

So from less than half a million in the late 80's to 1.6 in 2001 isn't a trebling of numbers? If its over 2 million now thats a 30% grow rate in 6 years. Your own figures confirm what I say.

Oh and they are not mainly British. Most hold dual nationality and most are first generation, tying feathers to a dog doesn't make it a Chicken.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
As I said before I dont normally bite to anything, but for some reason this got me. I know it was only a 16 year old kid, who has since apologised to me.

I was fuming for a few hours, but having spent the day with my best mate Ive calmed down after dwelling on it for ages. I have a voicemail left by the police asking me to chat to them about it.

I still dont know what I am going to do, pressing charges wise, probably wont, but what I have done is written to the chairman of Ipswich, Marcus Evans, telling him who the fan is, what he has done, and sent various links to what his own fans as well as ours think of him, suggesting he should be banned from matches for a while.

I could go down the police route, but I fear that could drag on for ages, I cant be dealing with that, I'd rather just get on with my life. Part of me then does think go for it, he should be made an example of.

Do I "man up" as Das Reich puts it, probably I should, but its not how I feel just yet.

Ipswich fans have been very supportive and in no uncertain terms told that Crack bloke where to go suggesting he should be banned. Brighton fans have been brilliant to me too. Some went a bit OTT in the abuse sent to Cracks but that I couldnt control.

I dealt with it in what I think is the best way possible, and hope the kid does get made an example of. It may have been a heat of the moment thing, he may genuinely believe what he said, I dont know.

Thanks to everyone on hear for your kind words and support, I will keep you updated...

Don't let him get away with it.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Just because the words "#getoutofourcountry" formed part of the tweet directed at Mendoza, some people on this thread are using it as an excuse to turn this thread about dealing with a racist tweet into another binfest around the facts and figures of immigration in this country. Good grief.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
You keep getting things factually wrong. People keep pointing it out. Sorry on everybody's behalf for being stupid

I just refered to Dandymans figures, its not my fault that hes a fool and your an idiot. Having 2 people squealing because they dont like what they hear doesn't make them right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here