Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Twitter - How do you report someone for racial abuse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 30, 2008
30 years ago you might have been 'right' about it being a bit of name calling but now the world is more enlightened and does not tolerate such racist behaviour, whether it was intended as a wind up or had more malicious intent. Clearly it was perceived by the recipient as offensive, and understandably so.

If everyone turned a blind eye to such stuff then the perpetrator will only feel encouraged to take it to the next level. His post was clearly offensive and deserves whatever sanction ITFC and maybe the plod can apply. Good to see both Ipswich and Albion fans feel the same way.
crazy crazy world , INTERNET MADNESS

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Mendoza was born and bred in England, how is he not English ?

The assumption that anyone non-white must have been born elsewhere is both racist and moronic.
Im quiet aware he is english but cultural routes are used by these people and yes the looks and colour aswell.Cause im not saying its right what people are saying,thats not the point,the point is that you can just play along with it as banter.I get called a bum boy all the time but i just say bend over to them and it stops,its no big fu*king deal,actually i quiet like the banter to be honest:)

p.s i mis-read as didn't realise he was called a paki etc,so i apologise for that:)

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
I can take banter from fans "we can see you holding hands" etc, I tweeted asking what the banner was about, then I got this reply

@D_CrackersITFC: "@BrettMendoza yeah well your not even English...#getoutofourcountry #supportapakiteam"

Not sure why I got that kind of response, I'm pretty laid back, but this riled me. He couldn't even get the country right. 16 year old gobby kid. I dont want to go all Stan Collymore, but would like to at least report this chump

Bloody hell, that is outstanding stupidity. Ipswich fans have gone even further down in my estimations.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
As I said before I dont normally bite to anything, but for some reason this got me. I know it was only a 16 year old kid, who has since apologised to me.

I was fuming for a few hours, but having spent the day with my best mate Ive calmed down after dwelling on it for ages. I have a voicemail left by the police asking me to chat to them about it.

I still dont know what I am going to do, pressing charges wise, probably wont, but what I have done is written to the chairman of Ipswich, Marcus Evans, telling him who the fan is, what he has done, and sent various links to what his own fans as well as ours think of him, suggesting he should be banned from matches for a while.

I could go down the police route, but I fear that could drag on for ages, I cant be dealing with that, I'd rather just get on with my life. Part of me then does think go for it, he should be made an example of.

Do I "man up" as Das Reich puts it, probably I should, but its not how I feel just yet.

Ipswich fans have been very supportive and in no uncertain terms told that Crack bloke where to go suggesting he should be banned. Brighton fans have been brilliant to me too. Some went a bit OTT in the abuse sent to Cracks but that I couldnt control.

I dealt with it in what I think is the best way possible, and hope the kid does get made an example of. It may have been a heat of the moment thing, he may genuinely believe what he said, I dont know.

Thanks to everyone on hear for your kind words and support, I will keep you updated...

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Here's another. Shut up and stop your pathetic, ignorant windups. You have nothing helpful to add. Ever
I love the way people call us so called wind-up merchants ignorant:)
Maybe people need to take off those rose tinted specs and realise this is the society we live in and it won't go away,its how you deal with it that makes things better,running to the police and sulking over gay jibes when you're not gay is even more hilarious.

Jan 30, 2008
i love the way people call us so called wind-up merchants ignorant:)
maybe people need to take off those rose tinted specs and realise this is the society we live in and it won't go away,its how you deal with it that makes things better,running to the police and sulking over gay jibes when you're not gay is even more hilarious.
end of argument :thumbsup:

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I love the way people call us so called wind-up merchants ignorant:)
Maybe people need to take off those rose tinted specs and realise this is the society we live in and it won't go away,its how you deal with it that makes things better,running to the police and sulking over gay jibes when you're not gay is even more hilarious.
ffs. This thread. Is not about. A gay jibe

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
If the kids 16 then chances are this has blown up in his face much worse then he could imagine and, if you feel his apology is genuine, maybe it's best to just leave him to face the fallout his comments have created rather than doing anything more 'official'.

Walk away the bigger man, your dignity is intact.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Do I "man up" as Das Reich puts it, probably I should, but its not how I feel just yet..

If anyone has to do some "manning up" its a kid who sends insults and abuse via the Internet, not you.

For what it's worth I think you have done the right thing in notifying Ipswich.

All the best.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I can take banter from fans "we can see you holding hands" etc, I tweeted asking what the banner was about, then I got this reply

@D_CrackersITFC: "@BrettMendoza yeah well your not even English...#getoutofourcountry #supportapakiteam"

Not sure why I got that kind of response, I'm pretty laid back, but this riled me. He couldn't even get the country right. 16 year old gobby kid. I dont want to go all Stan Collymore, but would like to at least report this chump

Do you realy need help on this ,personaly i think you are insulting your own intelligence

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Im quiet aware he is english but cultural routes are used by these people and yes the looks and colour aswell.Cause im not saying its right what people are saying,thats not the point,the point is that you can just play along with it as banter.I get called a bum boy all the time but i just say bend over to them and it stops,its no big fu*king deal,actually i quiet like the banter to be honest:)

You know from reading Nsc that the homophobic abuse has got a lot worse than bum boy, even abusing fans with their young children coming away from matches. It's where you draw the line that counts and the law in this country is there for a reason. If people cannot draw the line themselves then the law will compel them.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The assumption that anyone non-white must have been born elsewhere is both racist and moronic.

This is not true. If we had a well settled and intergrated ethnic community that arrived 60 years ago you would have a point. But seeing the majority arrived under the last labour regime then it is a reasonable assumption/Generalisation to make.

Mass Immigration has done the OP no favours either as his Englishness at least by appearance wont be taken for granted.

Dandyman

In London village.
This is not true. If we had a well settled and intergrated ethnic community that arrived 60 years ago you would have a point. But seeing the majority arrived under the last labour regime then it is a reasonable assumption/Generalisation to make.

Mass Immigration has done the OP no favours either as his Englishness at least by appearance wont be taken for granted.

Don't talk crap - the majority of immigrants to this country in recent years are White Christian East Europeans.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
always a pleasure never a chore :thumbsup:

Jesus, "man up" yourself. You're like a little kid in a play ground who always has to have the last word. And you're not even funny with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here