Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Twitter - How do you report someone for racial abuse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Took a quick look this morning. Looks like the Jack kid had not been shy with the homophobic shit either. Deserves all he gets too IMO.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
His parents must be very proud.

Hopefully the brainless numpty will get a long ban from his beloved football club too.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If you're asking who's reported the racist abuse, then I'm one. Got a problem with that?

think he's referring to those who come on to threads about reporting things and reply with comments such as 'grassing is the lowest of the low'.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Not sure what good reporting it will do, you'll never prove who actually posted it. And I'll tell you from experience that the police will not expend that much energy on it when essentially it amounts to a minor offence with few lines of viable enquiry. If anyone thinks they have the resources or time to start tracing account holders on twitter and ip addresses etc then you would be wrong. It's the anonymity of the Internet I'm afraid.

Drakey

Oct 15, 2010
Hove/Hangleton border
Not sure what good reporting it will do, you'll never prove who actually posted it. And I'll tell you from experience that the police will not expend that much energy on it when essentially it amounts to a minor offence with few lines of viable enquiry. If anyone thinks they have the resources or time to start tracing account holders on twitter and ip addresses etc then you would be wrong. It's the anonymity of the Internet I'm afraid.

Agreed, but no doubt its shit him up this morning!

If its worried him enough to close his Twitter account and his fellow Ipswich fans are giving it to him, then job done I say!

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
If anyone thinks they have the resources or time to start tracing account holders on twitter and ip addresses etc then you would be wrong. It's the anonymity of the Internet I'm afraid.

I'm not quite sure that's right. The 'kids' who racially abused Sammy Ameobi on Twitter were arrested pretty quick sharp, even though the accounts had been closed even quicker after they posted the messages in question.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Already done and Suffolk Police!

[MENTION=17474]Drakey[/MENTION]_boy: Dear @SuffolkPolice please read: "@D_CrackersITFC: @BrettMendoza yeah well your not even English...#getoutofourcountry #supportapakiteam"

[MENTION=17474]Drakey[/MENTION]_boy: Nice fans @officialITFC "@D_CrackersITFC: @BrettMendoza [MENTION=2974]Jack[/MENTION]Batley yeah well your not even English...#getoutofourcountry #supportapakiteam"

That's not banter, its vile racial abuse!
Thats not vile racist abuse,christ lighten up some people seriously.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm glad you reported it Mendoza.

And what was the banner about exactly? You mentioned someone explained it to you.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
If an individual is riled by an abusive comment that highlights the race of that individual, it's racist abuse.

The fact that sir albion doesn't seem to think this is "vile" says a lot about sir albion.
Calling someone a nig*er etc is vile,but to call someone who could be half chinese or something like that"you're not english anyway"would be correct,who's to know these things?
If you call that vile then what would you call nig*er or filthy pa*i etc?

So if i said to a scotsman you're not english anyway thats racist?

Hideous world we live in and most is down to people making the most out of the racist system we currently have in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here