Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Twilight finale split into two movies

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Well, to be fair, I've read Breaking Dawn, it's a MONSTER of a book. Over 600 pages I believe. There are atleast 2 films within that story, trust me. Brilliant commercial decision, but also works within the context of wanting to accurately tell the story.

Moaning is out of place here I'm afraid. :thumbsup:

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Well, to be fair, I've read Breaking Dawn, it's a MONSTER of a book. Over 600 pages I believe. There are atleast 2 films within that story, trust me. Brilliant commercial decision, but also works within the context of wanting to accurately tell the story.

I haven't read it but I still can't really agree with this. If you compare it to the 7th Harry Potter book which is also to be split into two films - I think it's just a commercial decision. The fact is, Deathly Hallows could easily be made into one decent (if long) film, which would require some creative decisions on the part of the filmmaker but would also trim some of the filler from the book (that 2nd take is useful - witness the Harry Potter films post-Chris Columbus).

The only result of having two films is twice the box office, obviously, but it also seems like it will encourage a more 'faithful' retelling of the events of the book - which definetely doesn't garantee a better film - not to mention the fact that the books were designed as one work so to present them as two films simply means axing down the middle of a good story.

What a load of waffle I just wrote!

Hockley Blues

Feb 3, 2005
Southend

Agreed. To squeeze in 600 pages into one film wouldn't do the book justice. I can imagine the films being split with the first two chapters together, then the last chapter as it's own.

Hockley Blues

Feb 3, 2005
Southend
I haven't read it but I still can't really agree with this. If you compare it to the 7th Harry Potter book which is also to be split into two films - I think it's just a commercial decision. The fact is, Deathly Hallows could easily be made into one decent (if long) film, which would require some creative decisions on the part of the filmmaker but would also trim some of the filler from the book (that 2nd take is useful - witness the Harry Potter films post-Chris Columbus).

The only result of having two films is twice the box office, obviously, but it also seems like it will encourage a more 'faithful' retelling of the events of the book - which definetely doesn't garantee a better film - not to mention the fact that the books were designed as one work so to present them as two films simply means axing down the middle of a good story.

What a load of waffle I just wrote!

Breaking Dawn is actually split into three mini "books/chapters", so the story itself lends quite nicely to bring split across two films.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

The only result of having two films is twice the box office, obviously, but it also seems like it will encourage a more 'faithful' retelling of the events of the book - which definetely doesn't garantee a better film

This.

It's all about making more money. Longer books have been converted into single films. I imagine, like HP7, they will also make it 3D so they can make even more money, and like so many 3D films these days (including HP7) since the film wasn't designed as 3D it won't actually add anything to the experience of watching the film, just the price of the ticket.

cjwoolven

Jun 4, 2008
Im split in two minds about splitting books into two seperate movies.

Firstly, it makes the movies alot more detailed, and therefore no details are missed. However, it's also about money, so if a book doesnt need to be split into two parts but is, it would probably seem abit dull during the 4 (approx.) hours that it would last altogether.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
This.

It's all about making more money. Longer books have been converted into single films. I imagine, like HP7, they will also make it 3D so they can make even more money, and like so many 3D films these days (including HP7) since the film wasn't designed as 3D it won't actually add anything to the experience of watching the film, just the price of the ticket.

I dont think Potter will be in 3D, I have a list of upcoming films in 3D and it doesnt seem to be on it

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I dont think Potter will be in 3D, I have a list of upcoming films in 3D and it doesnt seem to be on it

It was announced

I'm a bit of a harry potter freak. I didn't mention it being split in two because it was announced a long time ago, and I didn't think it would be interesting t most people on here.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Clearly a shit list.

I wonder if its going to be like the last one where only the first 15 minutes are in 3d

It did however have Yogi bear on.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Update!

WB are now not releasing Deathly Hallows pt1 in 3d. They claim to be unhappy with it, and feel they don't have enough time to do it justice, though are currently still planning to release part 2 in 3d. Hopefully they'll change their mid on that, too.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Update!

WB are now not releasing Deathly Hallows pt1 in 3d. They claim to be unhappy with it, and feel they don't have enough time to do it justice, though are currently still planning to release part 2 in 3d. Hopefully they'll change their mid on that, too.

I was sort of right then!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here