Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Twats

Halftime Oranges

Oct 22, 2003
Rottingdean
Why slag off players that play for the club you support. Why do it on here and at the games. Get behind the squad. Prove you're not a plastic fan:salute:

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
Because there are a few dickheads on here who don't have a clue

Halftime Oranges

Oct 22, 2003
Rottingdean
:ohmy: ........................ what not whinging pretend fans:wave:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Surely the key word is "support". Anyone who slags off the players is not a supporter!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It is easy to get frustrated and take it out on people who have a bad game. If players had a good game every game and played to the best of their ability then they might not be playing for Brighton. Alot of people take it too far.

Thread "CKR is a twat" springs to mind.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Oh for FUCKS sake. :nono:

Are we only allowed to comment on players after they've left the club then? ???

The only thing that it inexcusable IMO is slagging off players if you haven't seen them play.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So we should all sing "Oh what a beautiful day" when that twat in goal who fortunately escapes my memory fell over himself against Walsall to name but a few comical moments.

We pay their wages we can say what we want - simple !

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Beach Hut said:
So we should all sing "Oh what a beautiful day" when that twat in goal who fortunately escapes my memory fell over himself against Walsall to name but a few comical moments.

We pay their wages we can say what we want - simple !

I thought it was Pettersen vs Gillingham. Slagging off, IMO, is different to criticising. The "CKR is a twat" thread really pissed me off. Of course you can criticise them (without sounding patronising). But ripping someone to shreads. Like McCammon, we havent seen the best of him, he was coming into full fitness last season and helped us stay up. Some people have made their minds up about El Turi, without even seeing him play..... That is what I meant

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I am not standing up for anyone but as barreloffun said it is easy to get frustrated. To us Brighton and Hove Albion is one of the most important things in our lives. That is why we spend hundreds of pounds going to see them, buying shirts ect. We spend hours either travling to and fro from games, talking to people and posting on here.

However for the vast majority of players it is a job pure and simple. Yes they want to play to the best of their ability because in doing so they can earn more money.

What I am trying to say is that some people forget sometimes in the heat of the moment that to the players it is a job not the way of life it is to us.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Wardywonderland said:

However for the vast majority of players it is a job pure and simple. Yes they want to play to the best of their ability because in doing so they can earn more money.

Its their livelyhood, but its the same in any job isnt it? You try your best to earn more money? BUT at the same time they play to win, they want win, its all about winning, or else there isnt any point to it. Some players might be just be in it for the money, but most want something to show for it at the end of their careers than just a nice wad in the bank. They feel the same way the fans do after a loss, believe me I know, I have to live with it, at least you lot can bugger off down the pub afterwards and drown your sorrows, I have to look a face like a slapped arse all night!!

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Race said:
Its their livelyhood, but its the same in any job isnt it? You try your best to earn more money? BUT at the same time they play to win, they want win, its all about winning, or else there isnt any point to it. Some players might be just be in it for the money, but most want something to show for it at the end of their careers than just a nice wad in the bank. They feel the same way the fans do after a loss, believe me I know, I have to live with it, at least you lot can bugger off down the pub afterwards and drown your sorrows, I have to look a face like a slapped arse all night!!

I agree with you Race. But what I was trying to say was the vast majortiy of players will move on. In 10 years time us fans will still be here, talking about how some new singing was not worth the money, how we were cheated by a crap ref at Old Trafford.

Yes we can go down the pub after the game, but we also have to go to work an listern to others take the piss. It don't end for us at the final whistle.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Race said:
most want something to show for it at the end of their careers than just a nice wad in the bank.

Not bad though after a 10/15 year career doing what most blokes would love to do for a living!!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Wardywonderland said:
I agree with you Race. But what I was trying to say was the vast majortiy of players will move on. In 10 years time us fans will still be here, talking about how some new singing was not worth the money, how we were cheated by a crap ref at Old Trafford.

Yes we can go down the pub after the game, but we also have to go to work an listern to others take the piss. It don't end for us at the final whistle.

I never understand why people boo a player that left. Would they expect the same treatment if they left their previous workplace high and dry for a better career move. A footballers career can be cut short at the drop of a hat (phrase for the phrase thread).

Palace fans would have never forgiven AJ if he moved on to further his England career. I would give my right arm to play for England and do anything to keep that dream alive (albeit a hefty wage rise for AJ).

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
BarrelofFun said:
I never understand why people boo a player that left. Would they expect the same treatment if they left their previous workplace high and dry for a better career move. A footballers career can be cut short at the drop of a hat (phrase for the phrase thread).

Palace fans would have never forgiven AJ if he moved on to further his England career. I would give my right arm to play for England and do anything to keep that dream alive (albeit a hefty wage rise for AJ).

Who said anything about booing players that left. I do not mind players moving on to further their careers. But the fact that they do is my point. As fans we pick a team and that is it for life. We do not care if it is the best team, a team playing in europe of a team playing in the county league. It is our team through the good times and bad. Players want to be the best they can. To do that they need to move around teams. That is a fact of football.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Pettersen was it thank goodness his memory is erased, mind you my memory seems crap as well :lolol:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Wardywonderland said:
Who said anything about booing players that left. I do not mind players moving on to further their careers. But the fact that they do is my point. As fans we pick a team and that is it for life. We do not care if it is the best team, a team playing in europe of a team playing in the county league. It is our team through the good times and bad. Players want to be the best they can. To do that they need to move around teams. That is a fact of football.

Sorry I was agreeing with you. Your statement was backing up my statement. When you see these Judas signs and the fans booing a player that comes back........

I apologise for the misunderstanding. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here