perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
thumb-89111.jpg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i see "dual" is/was a brand, not the DJ configuration, and its belt driven so see what Richer does. though i'd wonder why bother to get new if it works, get a new cartridge to liven up sound.

Go to 'Monkeymusic' just off London Road up from where the old Co-op used to be.
He's got LOADS of great equipment, he services the stuff and gives you a guarantee, knows what he's doing and gives the best advice, and will match you with the item that suits your budget.

He also has amps and other gear - some amazing good stuff. He can get cartridges and new needles too I believe.
Linn and Rega turntables he always seems to have something in that range too.

I have a Rega, but when I'm ready for an upgrade I'll head there. He will also do trades if you have something that's decent quality but just want to step up.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Go to 'Monkeymusic' just off London Road up from where the old Co-op used to be.
He's got LOADS of great equipment, he services the stuff and gives you a guarantee, knows what he's doing and gives the best advice, and will match you with the item that suits your budget.

He also has amps and other gear - some amazing good stuff. He can get cartridges and new needles too I believe.

I have a Rega, but when I'm ready for an upgrade I'll head there. He will also do trades if you have something that's decent quality but just want to step up.
This - some of that good stuff came from me. He's a lovely (& fair) chap & sometimes has a decent guitar or two too :rock:

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
I have a Rega Planar 3 and they are very good, as are Pro-Ject, for a budget turntable.

But really I think you should be aiming for an upgrade now, something along the lines of a Transrotator 'Artus' ...........

A bargain at only $ 150,000 .

Attachments

• P1020441.jpg
    P1020441.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 12
  • transrotor_player2.jpg
    transrotor_player2.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 93

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007

Good call.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
[yt]dSINO6MKtco[/yt]

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
NOT this.
If you believe that digital is the best quality, you are no audiophile and basically don't have a clue about such matters.
Pah. Being an audiophile is not a good thing. I had an LP12 and system to match for 20 years, and digital is better overall. Lossless recordings, a nice dac etc, and you're sorted. Unless you enjoy listening to hiss.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I have a Rega Planar 3 and they are very good, as are Pro-Ject, for a budget turntable.

But really I think you should be aiming for an upgrade now, something along the lines of a Transrotator 'Artus' ...........

A bargain at only $ 150,000 .

Crivins! Does it also do time travel? :ohmy:

ps Good shouts from NMH o the T/Table front. It all depends - as ever - on how much you want to spend on a replacement. I've just inherited my old Rega 2 from a mate & I can thoroughly recommend their decks (especially their famed Tonearms). Lots of 'tweaks' you can do to them too if your ears are ever disappointed with what they're hearing (or not). Hope that helps you PSB in some small way. :thumbsup:

Pah. Being an audiophile is not a good thing. I had an LP12 and system to match for 20 years, and digital is better overall. Lossless recordings, a nice dac etc, and you're sorted. Unless you enjoy listening to hiss.

Hiss is for CASSETTE or worse 8-TRACK players.
Travel is for audiophiles, if you can care to make it out beyond the ecstacy of superb dimensional analog imaging.
I had a Quad 22 with seperate mono tube amps, garrard 301 turntable and Ortophon arm, shure cartridge.
Kiss my AURA, Flora - it's real angora

Last edited:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...

Bugger all hiss from my Pro-ject Debut 3, it compares very well with CD when you listen to the same album in both formats through the same same amp and speaker set up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here