Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Turning off quote notifications

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
I keep getting notifications telling me that people have quoted my posts. How do I turn this off?

Thanks.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Does it actually serve any purpose other than annoying people?

I presume it's meant so that people can keep track of any replies that have been made to what they say. Like this, in fact. :thumbsup:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
My only problem is that i still think it means someone might have said something to me. I have to get out of that solitudinal habit i had from the old NSC of 6 weeks ago. Admittedly, i'd only get a message every 5 months, so that's why it felt so special.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It didn't though, did it? Nothing pops up at all.

OK, imprecise by me, but the number racks up, and so far as I can see it seems to save quote notifications ad infinitum (I got five pages worth already) with no way of clearing them down. Tho I might be wrong. Would have thought that storing all those on the server would add to NSC running costs and/or slow response times down as the server clogs up with them. Again, might be wrong.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
OK, imprecise by me, but the number racks up, and so far as I can see it seems to save quote notifications ad infinitum (I got five pages worth already) with no way of clearing them down. Tho I might be wrong. Would have thought that storing all those on the server would add to NSC running costs and/or slow response times down as the server clogs up with them. Again, might be wrong.

Is this a moan about how memorable and worth responding to you are?
canstock0212818.jpg

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I keep getting notifications telling me that people have quoted my posts. How do I turn this off?

Thanks.

Would be good to know!

You cant!

How annoying!

I don't think you can.

Very annoying!

Your right!

Say things that no one will be interested in replying to or look to mirror. It's possible. Or probable in a number of cases.

Does it actually serve any purpose other than annoying people?

I presume it's meant so that people can keep track of any replies that have been made to what they say. Like this, in fact. :thumbsup:

Another annoying notification just popped up. Lovely :rolleyes:

whats that now?

It didn't though, did it? Nothing pops up at all.

My only problem is that i still think it means someone might have said something to me. I have to get out of that solitudinal habit i had from the old NSC of 6 weeks ago. Admittedly, i'd only get a message every 5 months, so that's why it felt so special.

Is this a moan about how memorable and worth responding to you are?
canstock0212818.jpg

Yes. No. Maybe. I don't know. Can you repeat the question?

:moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here