Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Turienzo - what's going on?

jolson

Aug 8, 2005
Perhaps those more informed about those things can answer some questions for me about Turienzo..

Why did McGhee spend so much (£150k) is the reported figure on an unknown quantity, when we were in desperate need of a proven goalscorer - especially given the number of South American flops that we hear about failing in England. (Rafael Sheidt, anyone?)

Does he speak English yet?

Those who have actually SEEN him play.. how does he look? I must say when I first heard that we had bought a 6'4" Argentinian striker images of the next Batistuta raced through my mind..

Any idea what he is earning in comparison to the other players? It's one thing being a drain on resources.. it's another to be a VERY expensive drain of resources.. (e.g. Darren Carr)

And why is Jake Robinson being constantly chosen over him? Even when McGhee has spoken about Turienzo, he has changed from calling him the 'next Peter Crouch' into 'a player we are developing, who is not ready yet'.

Does he realise it was a terrible mistake?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Be interesting to hear what those who were at the match thought. It sounded like we fell apart after the 3rd goal which was about when he came on? Probably not a good game to judge him but would like to know anyway..

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
lets give him a chance before we hang him out to dry eh

jolson

Aug 8, 2005
sorry Empire if I gave that impression - information is what I want - living in Denmark and unable to see the albion live

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I only saw him at the Lewes friendly and he looked as though he had potential. I assumed he was unfit and could only get better.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Nobody has seen enough of El Turi to make a proper judgement yet. I'm a bit concerned that he's not had one start yet though. He's had enough time at the club to get match fit now, so whats keeping him out of the team ? Its not as if Jake and Kaz have been tearing the opposition up, and Leons probably just gobbed himself onto the sidelines for the forseeable.

I WANNA SEE THE ARGIE !!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Easy 10 said:
Nobody has seen enough of El Turi to make a proper judgement yet. I'm a bit concerned that he's not had one start yet though. He's had enough time at the club to get match fit now, so whats keeping him out of the team ? Its not as if Jake and Kaz have been tearing the opposition up, and Leons probably just gobbed himself onto the sidelines for the forseeable.

I WANNA SEE THE ARGIE !!
Well he was getting toward fitness and had a couple of sub appearences then twisted his ankle....

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
jolson said:
sorry Empire if I gave that impression - information is what I want - living in Denmark and unable to see the albion live
sorry fella wasnt havin a go,just pissed off at the usual snipers on here!!!.im sure MM knows what little money he has,he needs to spend it wisely,and he must of seen something in fredrico,just hope he gets and takes his chance,before the whingers on here(not you),get on his back, before he has had a chance to prove himself.sometimes i do wonder on our support,opinions we all have,but christ some on here havent a clue.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Saw today's game. He came on with about 20 minutes to go and did very little. Glancing header wide was all I can remember. Ditto McPhee. Having said that, Robinson & Kazim-R did little more.
Lots of good approach play in the first half, but rarely look like scoring. Second half - complete rubbish. It could have been the driving rain, but it didn't seem too bad when I left the ground (more of a drizzle)

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Hopefully he'll turn out to be a good McGhee signing. Not all his signings can be labled such but nobody gets things right all the time.

:wave:

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
We have got a load of strikers, but none are capable of scoring above 15 a season :(

Robinson
Knight
Kazim-Richards
Malango
McPhee
McCammon
& OGH

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
gvce26 said:
We have got a load of strikers, but none are capable of scoring above 15 a season :(

Robinson
Knight
Kazim-Richards
Malango
McPhee
McCammon
& OGH

We'll be very fortunate if any of them get 10 goals let alone 15.

Give McGammon a chance I say.

:clap:

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Zebedee said:

We'd be fortunate if they get 10 between them :lolol: :lolol:

I agree McCammon should get a chance paired with any of the following. - Knight, Robinson, CKR.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Zebedee said:

Oh the irony, if McCammon becomes our goalscoring saviour :clap2:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I'll have a tenner with anyone that McGammon will be our top scorer this year. Any takers?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Turienzo's first touch today was to give the ball away on our left wing near the halfway line - Stoke sent the ball back over the top, crossed it and a tamely challanged header beat Blaney at his near post for their third goal - woeful!

After that he was immediately caught off-side.
Then sent his header wide.
I didn't see any signs that he had a special quality that we are so badly missing from our current srtikers. But this was his debut, so it would be wrong to pass judgement on such a short 20 minute showing.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Zebedee said:
I'll have a tenner with anyone that McGammon will be our top scorer this year. Any takers?

You bet he will be? and if he isn't you will owe me?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here