Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tunnicliffe and Elphick...

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Were absolutely immense! :clap2::clap2: If they can both stay fit, I can't see Virgo getting back in. They won 99% of the balls played into the box and they tackled superbly!

They have the makings of becoming the best CB partnership we've had in years!

A mention also to El-ABD who played very well at LB :drink:

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Were absolutely immense! :clap2::clap2: If they can both stay fit, I can't see Virgo getting back in. They won 99% of the balls played into the box and they tackled superbly!

They have the makings of becoming the best CB partnership we've had in years!

A mention also to El-ABD who played very well at LB :drink:

Elphick & Tunnicliffe are two I would have started with from day one. They are both tall and physical. Perfect CB material, Virgo could drop in as sweeper or at right back, but I honestly think that Elphick & Tunnicliffe are the way forward. When all the defence is fully fit Slade will have a real dilema.

McNulty, Wright, Virgo and Whing... Elphick and Tunnicliffe? You can only play 4 or max 5 at the back. So who do you drop?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
No, he's not shit, just out off form at the moment. He just needs to rediscover last seasons form. Don't forget he is also carrying an injury and may have to a hernia op.

If someone is carrying an injury that is harming their performances then surely you have to ask is it in the best interests of the team that he is playing?...

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Its a tough one really, Virgo was class at Millwall and had another good game against Wycombe, it's good to have the competition though, we haven't had that for a long time now.

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
Wasnt at the game but its great to hear Elphick and Tunnicliffe played well again. :thumbsup:

Have to say I was surprised verses Wycombe when Elphick didnt start because he had looked very strong in the games leading up that. Lets hope the partnership can continue for a bit longer.

Virgo could always go up front again! :ohmy:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
McNulty, Wright, Virgo and Whing... Elphick and Tunnicliffe? You can only play 4 or max 5 at the back. So who do you drop?

Now cavey wavey, I think you're forgetting someone, you silly sausage.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Whing cannot pass, that is his problem. His crosses are also embarrassing. He's good at tackling though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Our player of the year last year is shit - yep, that's right. Great insight.

...he won this title more for his attitude and industry than his talent. But, he can do a job at this level for sure.

I have said for a long time I didnt think the Elphick/Virgo partnership worked well. I think Tunnicliffe is class and it's starting to look like him and Elphick are the way forward. McNulty will surely play at left back when he's fit again. That just leaves right back.......maybe Whing and Virgo can fight that one out?

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
McNulty, Elphick, Tunnicliffe, Whing

Virgo on the right wing to use his pace down the flanks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here