Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TSLR - well worth a quid

Lush

Mods' Pet
A confession - I haven't bought a copy of The Seagull Love Review since it first came out, having suffered aching eyes after five minutes trying to decipher the busy pages of waffle crammed with white type on grey in varying shapes and sizes.

However, on the walk up from the station yesterday I had a pound coin out to drop in the Martlets buckets, but was relieved of it instead by the delightful little girl aged about 5 or 6 waving copies at passersby.

In my opinion it's come on leaps and bounds. If you come on NSC regularly and read the club website it's easy to think that you don't need a fanzine - you already know everything there is to know. But I thought it was a really good read - and cleanly and professionally laid out.

The style is very different from most posts on here - well written and entertaining. The content is different too - I loved the story of the guy who was interviewed for a security job at the Amex, and the match reviews are real stories of the day. Sometimes fanzine writers can be a bit wordy and self-indulgent, but not here.

Good work guys - I'll be buying it again.

You have not been charged for this advertisement. :smile:

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Agree with you, Lush.
I enjoy it, and the last edition from Withdean and the first one from the Amex are now part of my Albion memorabilia.

Oct 25, 2003
i always enjoyed it (not least because i write for it myself) but this season there has been a massive step up in quality imo

far better value than the programme, and it makes for excellent post game/half time reading

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Always a good read, If you haven't read it. Try one at the next game.

Richard Reynold's Haircut

grammatically poor
Oct 3, 2011
Peacehaven
flairwatch is the best column, but i have noticed there's been a massive improvement. they seem to have dropped the ego's, and now write only about the football rather than themselves. It's great.

My only other pet hate was their insistence on using the term 'Falmex', and that has been ditched as well.

Very good copy this month :thumbsup:

Oct 25, 2003
flairwatch is the best column, but i have noticed there's been a massive improvement. they seem to have dropped the ego's, and now write only about the football rather than themselves. It's great.

My only other pet hate was their insistence on using the term 'Falmex', and that has been ditched as well.

Very good copy this month :thumbsup:

oh- i was only joking when i said flairwatch was the best.......i usually write it drunk

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
A confession - I haven't bought a copy of The Seagull Love Review since it first came out, having suffered aching eyes after five minutes trying to decipher the busy pages of waffle crammed with white type on grey in varying shapes and sizes.

However, on the walk up from the station yesterday I had a pound coin out to drop in the Martlets buckets, but was relieved of it instead by the delightful little girl aged about 5 or 6 waving copies at passersby.

In my opinion it's come on leaps and bounds. If you come on NSC regularly and read the club website it's easy to think that you don't need a fanzine - you already know everything there is to know. But I thought it was a really good read - and cleanly and professionally laid out.

The style is very different from most posts on here - well written and entertaining. The content is different too - I loved the story of the guy who was interviewed for a security job at the Amex, and the match reviews are real stories of the day. Sometimes fanzine writers can be a bit wordy and self-indulgent, but not here.

Good work guys - I'll be buying it again.

You have not been charged for this advertisement. :smile:

Before yesterdays game i bought my 1st copy this season following your recomendation,you`re right it`s a very good read for a quid, i read every word.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I haven't purchased TSLR in a while - will there be anyone selling it at St. Andrews?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here