Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Jesus wept. 28 minute phone call and I still have not completely left as they will bill me for the last two days of my contract.....quite why they cant just take the money on the phone I do not know. Grrrrrrr.

Retentions bloke after a length pause: "you can pass the contact, and it's benefits, onto a family member if you like"
Me: "No"
Another pause of a minute
Retentions bloke: "you can pass the contact, and it's benefits, onto a friend if you like"
Me: "NO!"
Retentions bloke: "There's a remaining credit you could pass on" (this is two days so in the region of 60 pence)
Me: "NO, I JUST WANT TO LEAVE!"

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If any of my friends and family are reading this, and are now pissed to have missed out on 60p phone credit, I'll pay you out of my own pocket.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Jesus wept. 28 minute phone call and I still have not completely left as they will bill me for the last two days of my contract.....quite why they cant just take the money on the phone I do not know. Grrrrrrr.

Retentions bloke after a length pause: "you can pass the contact, and it's benefits, onto a family member if you like"
Me: "No"
Another pause of a minute
Retentions bloke: "you can pass the contact, and it's benefits, onto a friend if you like"
Me: "NO!"
Retentions bloke: "There's a remaining credit you could pass on" (this is two days so in the region of 60 pence)
Me: "NO, I JUST WANT TO LEAVE!"
Yeah I had exactly that when I tried to leave 3 a few months ago.

I didn't even have the phone anymore and hadn't seen it in years (it was on an extremely low rate that I'd at some point decided was worth paying for as a back up phone).

Took about half an hour to convince him that no, there wasn't a family member/friend/passing stranger who was in sudden desperate need of a phone contract that I might like to pass it onto.

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
On hold by any chance? Is your call important to your current provider, but not so important that they adequately staff their customer service lines?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
In a world where large companies prefer automation, bots and the use of websites ahead of employing a decent CS telephone team it seems that they won’t yet allow simple stuff like cancelling or changing your services unless you speak to them

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It’s an old UK Sim only deal which I havn’t used in 18 months or so and was paying around 12 quid a month for. I used to use it when I was in the UK, or the US as it had free US roaming, but realised it isn’t cost effective so decided to ditch it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yeah I had exactly that when I tried to leave 3 a few months ago.

I didn't even have the phone anymore and hadn't seen it in years (it was on an extremely low rate that I'd at some point decided was worth paying for as a back up phone).

Took about half an hour to convince him that no, there wasn't a family member/friend/passing stranger who was in sudden desperate need of a phone contract that I might like to pass it onto.
Interesting, as this was 3.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If any of my friends and family are reading this, and are now pissed to have missed out on 60p phone credit, I'll pay you out of my own pocket.
Never give up. I left O2 in March, having been shoved there by Virgin, last August, and went to Smarty. It was a pain the proverbial with O2.

Three weeks later I found 11p in my bank account!

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
It’s an old UK Sim only deal which I havn’t used in 18 months or so and was paying around 12 quid a month for. I used to use it when I was in the UK, or the US as it had free US roaming, but realised it isn’t cost effective so decided to ditch it.
Interesting, as this was 3.
Sounds like we had almost exactly the same issue with the same company. I guess it's not surprising they followed the same incredibly irritating and drawn out process in both calls.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
I cancelled 2 Three contracts a year or so ago. Simply requested the PAC code and no phone calls involved.
I think this only works if you are switching provider as the number is transferred to your new provider which creates the cancellation - HT is just cancelling without transferring

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here