Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trick or Treating.....

Trick or Treating - To give or not to give?

• Yes I give

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • No I do not

Votes: 20 60.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Do you:

a) give generously and get into the spirit of Halloween

OR

b) tell the little oiks to jog on and go and pester some other mug

YOU DECIDE!!

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Personally I will give but always felt in the back of my mind that it's not quite right and is basically glorified begging

dgh123

Aug 7, 2011
If i lived in America yes i would its a huge celebration type thing there but here its not so I don't give!!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Its a totally American thing that has only caught on here in recent years due to being pushed by those seeing a profit to be made i.e. businesses flogging masks, costumes etc

I have no time for it and on a really serious note, i have had some really young kids calling unaccompanied by an adult at night when its dark. How dumb is that and no doubt the feckless parents would be distraught when their poor little mite is abducted or worse by some opportunist sicko.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Its a totally American thing that has only caught on here in recent years due to being pushed by those seeing a profit to be made i.e. businesses flogging masks, costumes etc

I have no time for it and on a really serious note, i have had some really young kids calling unaccompanied by an adult at night when its dark. How dumb is that and no doubt the feckless parents would be distraught when their poor little mite is abducted or worse by some opportunist sicko.

This, very much this. The only thing you are 'supposed' to give is 'candy', certainly not money.

D

Deleted member 18477

i like the idea of it but its too american and hasnt caught on as much in england. therefore A LOT of people dont give, so as a kid/parent surely its a waste of bloody time, effort and effectively money (buying the costume) to go out trick or treating anyway. i'm sure in america - especially posh areas - its very fun and rewarding as like already stated its one big celebration!

bonfire night and christmas eve are the best nights in england for me. have a few beers and stumble home!

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
I do a pumpkin for my kids & watch some ghost documentary's to get them into it, have a few bags of haribo in for any kids that knock but don't take mine trick or treating...... Just a bit of fun for my kids really, a pumpkin & a few sweats don't cost much does it

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
So judging by the poll results so far it is not embraced by the majority. Are we a mean spirited nation at heart?

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Do pumpkins and buy sweets its the 15-16 year olds that get on my tits

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
It seems to have taken over from 'Penny for the Guy', a marvellous practice where the British condoned the act of their kids stealing their father's shirt and trousers, stuffing them with straw and begging for money on the streets in order to buy explosives!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It seems to have taken over from 'Penny for the Guy', a marvellous practice where the British condoned the act of their kids stealing their father's shirt and trousers, stuffing them with straw and begging for money on the streets in order to buy explosives!

But fireworks are fun :)
Firecrackers_old.jpg

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
Oh you old miserable b***ers! :lolol: Yes I give the kids something at halloween and think its all a bit of fun.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here