Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trevor Benjamin

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
What a difference he has made to this team, since he's arrived we've turned from a team sliding down towards mid-table into genuine contenders for the play offs and maybe even automatic promotion, he's big, strong and powerful and he really works well with Leon, he's the kind of player we've been crying out for in recent seasons...

Come on Dick, lets make an offer to buy Benji, let the strings on your purse go just this once, pretty please!

Infact lets turn this into a Benji appreciation thread!

:bowdown:

benjaminjan27.jpg

Last edited:

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
dick knight put his hands in his pocket:lolol:

Trevor Benjamin is a big strong player who was always going to provide the flicks and hold ups for knight,but don't get carried away he's not done anything at a higher level so spending what little cash you have on him may not be wise?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
He still has two and a half years to run on his contract at Leicester. And Leicester paid a fortune for him. At the very least, Leicester would want that contract paid up. And what is that £500,000? £600,000? Unless we want our season ticket prices doubled, we just can't go that far?

Although still fairly strapped, I am pretty certain that the Albion intend to keep him on loan for the maximum time allowed (3 months). Enter the 40 Notes Fund...

** says no more **

Last edited:

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
I'll eat my apprehensive words, he looked just the sort of player we needed last night.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Leicester are already subsidising Benjamin's wages so there is no way that we'd be able to afford to sign him. Even if the Foxes were going to release him, other clubs would be able to afford to pay more for him than we could dream of (like Mansfield, for crying out loud!).

Also, if Leicester go down and they release some of their Premiership class players, they will probably want to keep Big Trev anyway.

Sad, but true.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
sad state of affairs when mansfield are on a different financial plane to us - can we entertain any realistic ideas of going up until we have been at Falmer for a season or two?
we are struggling to compete at div2 level, in terms of simple cash

oneboot

Aug 4, 2003
Burgess Hill
I have to admit that I was more than gutted when Trev signed for us. Naively I was kind of hoping Norwich’s Roberts was going to come down to the south coast. I figured that big Trev would be a bit of an Ainbiyi for Leicester and palarse but the guy has proved me wrong and I think Trev is a revelation.

Keep it up Trev!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He is the new Mike Small.

He would be on £ 6k plus at Leicester and he is too good for div 2.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
He is the new Mike Small, only bigger. The only inevitable downside to his game is that whereas Knight turns on a sixpence, Trev would struggle to turn on a 17" pizza. Definately a fan though, we need someone with his presence up front, and when he was steaming down on goal for the opener last night there was only going to be one outcome.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
just wait untill he is fully fit and he will chase even more, he works so hard closing down there defenders and it really shows hes not come here for an easy time

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He is what we've needed up front for years, he works well with Leon and would have done just as well with BZ. Worth a BZ like gamble and an offer around 100k. It will be money well spent and is worth a try at least! Micky can only say no, at worst.

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey said:
He is the new Mike Small, only bigger. The only inevitable downside to his game is that whereas Knight turns on a sixpence, Trev would struggle to turn on a 17" pizza.

Rubbish! Did you see his turn to do 2 defenders against Barnsley. That turn put him free to run into the box where he was clattered, and we all know what happened next.

He's done well so far, but let's not get carried away. Hopefully he'll stay to the end of the season and will keep on improving.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
Hopefully he'll stay to the end of the season and will keep on improving.
Sadly he can't stay til the end of the season, it's a maximum of three months only so we won't have him for the play offs unless we sign him permanantly, all donations to the forty notes fund.

:)

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I agree, regretably, that he would be too expensive for us.

Preusmably we'd have to buy him before 5pm tomorrow? or is that only for Prem clubs buying players?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Buzza said:
I agree, regretably, that he would be too expensive for us.

Preusmably we'd have to buy him before 5pm tomorrow? or is that only for Prem clubs buying players?
We have til the end of March to buy him or any new players, the January deadline is prem only.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here