Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travel Insurance

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Tesco. Not necessarily the cheapest but then anyone who just goes on the price and doesn't check the cover is asking for shed loads of trouble.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
direct travel, local business and lots of options for different bits of cover, clear and concise information on the website too

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
direct travel, local business and lots of options for different bits of cover, clear and concise information on the website too

Me too. Based at Shoreham airport now. Always been good IME

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Trailfinders.

As you might expect, they're geared up to covering people doing global travelling, so you end up covered for most things.

Just received a full refund (OK, less £60 excess) for being stuck at Gatwick for a day and a half during the January snow dump :thumbsup:

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Another chance for me to say, "Use a Broker".

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Another vote for Direct Travel Insurance and have been using them since I started watching England away which is over 10 years now...I think they used to be based in Steyning but now have a unit at Shoreham Airport.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

rooferman10

Mar 30, 2010
My son had a backpackers policy with Direct Travel and when he had a flight cancelled half way through his travels they refused to pay for overnight hotel accommadation because they said it only covered his flights out and back to UK. CHECK THE SMALL PRINT !! Very unhappy with this company.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Fortis - very reasonable

Dawsey

Apr 25, 2004
Brighton
Another vote for Direct Travel Insurance and have been using them since I started watching England away which is over 10 years now...I think they used to be based in Steyning but now have a unit at Shoreham Airport.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

My employer no less - we are indeed now based at Shoreham Airport.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I am with fit2travel, found them on the internet, they offered everything that I wanted to cover me back-packing around South America. I can't say how good they are, but I phoned earlier this evening to submit a claim for a flight that never took off and expense incurred when I couldn't go to Chile because of the earthquake. The bloke I spoke with sounded very reasonable, took the details and explained the process, told me that they should settle within a week of receiving my proof of expenditure.

Last Summer

well f*ck a duck!
Jun 12, 2008
The Hill
Without wanting to hijack this thread... a quick travel insurance question...
What constitutes a pre-existing medical condition???
I had a spontaneous pneumothorax (random lung collapse) almost 4 years ago. 1 check up after and no major surgery/medication etc after.
Do i need to declare this still?
:shrug:

Dawsey

Apr 25, 2004
Brighton
Without wanting to hijack this thread... a quick travel insurance question...
What constitutes a pre-existing medical condition???
I had a spontaneous pneumothorax (random lung collapse) almost 4 years ago. 1 check up after and no major surgery/medication etc after.
Do i need to declare this still?
:shrug:

It varies from company to company, however at DTI we class any form of lung condition as pre-existing, even if it is fully resolved, so it would need to be declared.

If in doubt, you should always declare it. Let the agent pick through to see what they find relevant. I take calls from people all the time who haven't declared certain things because they didn't see the need to, only for it to affect their insurance later on.

Last Summer

well f*ck a duck!
Jun 12, 2008
The Hill
It varies from company to company, however at DTI we class any form of lung condition as pre-existing, even if it is fully resolved, so it would need to be declared.

If in doubt, you should always declare it. Let the agent pick through to see what they find relevant. I take calls from people all the time who haven't declared certain things because they didn't see the need to, only for it to affect their insurance later on.

Thanks Dawsey. :thumbsup:
Tried most websites and declaring it bumps the cost up by £60 for a week! Seems a bit unfair for a "random" thing... do people who've had tonsillitis a few times have to pay a premium?? I know it's slightly different and a previous lung problem viewed as more severe... but where do you draw the line??

Anyhow, thanks again (and if you work selling Dawsey, let me know and i'll get a quote!).

Thread Hijack complete! :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here