Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Traumatic office incident

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well. THAT was embarrassing.

During some light conversation at my desk with a couple of work colleagues, I took a mouthful of tea from my Albion mug. For no apparent reason, some of the tea found its way down into my windpipe. This resulted in a highly undignified series of grunts, snorts and and convulsions as I struggled unsuccessfully to hold the remainder of the tea in my mouth whilst simultaneously trying to breathe. With my hand clasped over my mouth, the inevitable eventually happened - I spluttered, spraying a mixture of tea, tears and snot through my hand and all over my desk, keyboard and trousers. I then made a series of involuntary, uncontrollably loud honking noises as I gasped for air through my (now empty) mouth, and went into a coughing fit.

Everyone in the office was watching this display with a mixture of mild concern and amusement. Thankfully one of the women came over with a box of tissues so I could commence the clear-up excercise. When I said "thanks, I'm ok now I think", I discovered my voice had gone all strange, high-pitched and sort of gurgly. Then I started honking and coughing again, so I went to the toilet to sort meself out. I have a large stain on my crotch, and my screen, phone and keyboard are covered in tea and mucus from my ordeal.

I might go home.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Well. THAT was embarrassing.

During some light conversation at my desk with a couple of work colleagues, I took a mouthful of tea from my Albion mug. For no apparent reason, some of the tea found its way down into my windpipe. This resulted in a highly undignified series of grunts, snorts and and convulsions as I struggled unsuccessfully to hold the remainder of the tea in my mouth whilst simultaneously trying to breathe. With my hand clasped over my mouth, the inevitable eventually happened - I spluttered, spraying a mixture of tea, tears and snot through my hand and all over my desk, keyboard and trousers. I then made a series of involuntary, uncontrollably loud honking noises as I gasped for air through my (now empty) mouth, and went into a coughing fit.

Everyone in the office was watching this display with a mixture of mild concern and amusement. Thankfully one of the women came over with a box of tissues so I could commence the clear-up excercise. When I said "thanks, I'm ok now I think", I discovered my voice had gone all strange, high-pitched and sort of gurgly. Then I started honking and coughing again, so I went to the toilet to sort meself out. I have a large stain on my crotch, and my screen, phone and keyboard are covered in tea and mucus from my ordeal.

I might go home.

At least you are not a Belgian.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm in no fit state to work now. My eyes are all watery, and I can still taste tea mixed with stomach acid. I'm a MESS.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I wish I was there to see that. Does your office have CCTV? If so any chance of getting a copy of the tape and uploading it to YouTube?

In all seriousness it could have been worse you could have been in the middle of an interview or client meeting.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I wish I was there to see that. Does your office have CCTV? If so any chance of getting a copy of the tape and uploading it to YouTube?

In all seriousness it could have been worse you could have been in the middle of an interview or client meeting.

There's no actual footage I'm afraid (unless someone sneakily filmed it on their phone - it was quite a prolongued ordeal). I'm still haunted by that awful honking noise I made. I'm going to try to recreate it in the car on the way home. I BET I can't.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
At least the Albion mug didn't get broken. The good thing is that the stain on your trousers makes it look like you have pissed yourself rather than an embarrassing spunk mark.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Thankfully one of the women came over with a box of tissues so I could commence the clear-up excercise. When I said "thanks, I'm ok now I think", I discovered my voice had gone all strange, high-pitched and sort of gurgly. Then I started honking and coughing again, so I went to the toilet to sort meself out. I have a large stain on my crotch

:ohmy:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
another f***ing BRILLIANT post, described once again in superb fashion

mr 10, you never fail to amaze :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here