Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transport an' tings, am I correct in thinking it's turning out very well?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
With Bennetts Field producing a much better performance this week and the week on week sucess of the SU shuttle, transport now appears to be on-board with the stadium, team, pies, ale and everything else.

My afternoon and evening match routine is now pretty much sorted. In fact, getting to the ground earlier and leaving a little later makes for a far more chilled experience.

Aside from the 1901 man who simply could not wait an "unacceptable" 5 minutes for a spent coffee pot to be refilled, anyone have any remaining issues? Come on, someone must.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I have not had one issue transport-wise (or anything else actually). The organisation of the Park & Ride makes the experience very quick. Admittedly, I now get to the ground at about 1.30 as opposed to my traditional 2.15 but it means I can have a very relaxed build up, watch the warm up, read the programme and maybe have a pie.

I like my routine and the Park & Ride very much.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I suspect people are finding the best transport method for them, which is balancing the load somewhat.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Could open the bars in the WSU for a bit longer after the game. Is it really necessary to hustle people out of there by half-six on a Saturday?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
On the subject of transport, a big thank you to the steward who stopped the racecourse P&R bus for us to get on after it had left as me and a mate had missed it by about 20 seconds :thumbsup:

Sep 1, 2010
With Bennetts Field producing a much better performance this week and the week on week sucess of the SU shuttle, transport now appears to be on-board with the stadium, team, pies, ale and everything else.

My afternoon and evening match routine is now pretty much sorted. In fact, getting to the ground earlier and leaving a little later makes for a far more chilled experience.

Aside from the 1901 man who simply could not wait an "unacceptable" 5 minutes for a spent coffee pot to be refilled, anyone have any remaining issues? Come on, someone must.

First the 'Rock Look' And now 'Tings! I am feeling disillusioned :lolol:

One failure is undoubtedly the Travel Voucher scheme. No-one seems to be moaning about it, because no-one is being penalised for not buying a voucher. But it's certainly not working as it was intended to work.

Enforcing the scheme isn't the answer, either - because the reason it's not working is that it's impossible to enforce. It is a fundamentally bad idea to expect some people to pay for a whole year's worth of travel in one go and then let other people travel for nothing, because the transport staff don't have the resources (time or incentive) to intervene and stop free travel happening. It is impossible to check every passenger's ticket on a train journey that takes as little as 6 - 9 minutes when there are 400+ people travelling.

And it really makes no sense to allow people with senior citizens' bus passes to travel free on Park & Ride buses and football specials, apart from removing a group of passengers from an enforcement regime that isn't working anyway. Their travel isn't being paid for by anyone, apart from - presumably - the Club, who I guess are paying the transport operators a fixed sum, irrespective of who is travelling and what sort of ticket they have.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
One failure is undoubtedly the Travel Voucher scheme. No-one seems to be moaning about it, because no-one is being penalised for not buying a voucher. But it's certainly not working as it was intended to work.

Enforcing the scheme isn't the answer, either - because the reason it's not working is that it's impossible to enforce. It is a fundamentally bad idea to expect some people to pay for a whole year's worth of travel in one go and then let other people travel for nothing, because the transport staff don't have the resources (time or incentive) to intervene and stop free travel happening. It is impossible to check every passenger's ticket on a train journey that takes as little as 6 - 9 minutes when there are 400+ people travelling.

And it really makes no sense to allow people with senior citizens' bus passes to travel free on Park & Ride buses and football specials, apart from removing a group of passengers from the non-existent enforcement regime. Their travel isn't being paid for by anyone.

To be fair, you can't get onto a train at HH without having a valid ticket/travel voucher so it does work at some stations.

To be fair, you can't get onto a train at HH without having a valid ticket/travel voucher so it does work at some stations.
That must feel tough, if you do board at Haywards Heath.

I travel to and from Glynde (which is outside the Travel Voucher zone and has no barriers) and I have NEVER had my ticket inspected. MOST stations inside the Travel Voucher zone have no working barriers. Most importantly, Falmer doesn't.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
First the 'Rock Look' And now 'Tings! I am feeling disillusioned :lolol:

Ha ha. I think it might be the can of Red Stripe I had last night ;-) I'm easily led :)

And why are the bus company saying that people can get free travel by showing their season ticket cards? Isn't that tantamount to saying you don't need a Travel Voucher at all?

Brighton Hove Bus and Coach Company

Buses to the Amex Football Stadium

Brighton & Hove Buses is pleased to be providing a network of bus routes serving the Amex Stadium on match days. The Albion are selling travel vouchers with their season tickets. You show your travel voucher to each driver on your way to the Stadium. You will also be able to show your smartcard season ticket to the driver for free travel to the match.

greenjam

Jul 14, 2009
Bus driver on the 25 after Sunderland was refusing people with out vouchers got swore at a couple of times but stood his ground fair play to him

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
On the subject of transport, a big thank you to the steward who stopped the racecourse P&R bus for us to get on after it had left as me and a mate had missed it by about 20 seconds :thumbsup:

lucky you :) the one i was on struggled to get up falmer hill. and some cyclist thought it their duty to slowly cycle up the road in front of the bus :lolol:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Isn't the long term plan to use your smart card on trains and buses?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
That must feel tough, if you do board at Haywards Heath.

I travel to and from Glynde (which is outside the Travel Voucher zone and has no barriers) and I have NEVER had my ticket inspected. MOST stations inside the Travel Voucher zone have no working barriers. Most importantly, Falmer doesn't.

I went from Falmer to Brighton last night and then wanted to change to go back to Preston Park. I had to go out the barriers and back in again and yes, they did check I had a travel voucher. Though that is the first time I have ever been checked.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Bus driver on the 25 after Sunderland was refusing people with out vouchers got swore at a couple of times but stood his ground fair play to him

ah that's typical. the customer never admits they are wrong. still cant quite believe people throw the rules away, demand the situation on their terms only, and when they dont get it, scream and make a fuss.

were they skin heads oor what

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here