Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer Deadline Day!

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I just pressed F5 and it refreshed my screen. WICKED.

That's well useful

Refresh refresh refresh all day long!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Good news about the F5

Not quite so good news about the lack of signings

Trevor Benjamin knew where the goal was, at this level

Still. At least we've still got trolley. eh? :rolleyes:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Tom Hark said:
Good news about the F5

Not quite so good news about the lack of signings

Trevor Benjamin knew where the goal was, at this level

Still. At least we've still got trolley. eh? :rolleyes:

Trevor Benjamin? So good he's in great demand eh? Just for loans, as noone wants to sign him.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Argus confirms we've missed out on Shipperley, Dublin and Dichio. The deals mentioned yesterday are delayed. One is a premiership player on loan.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
y2dave said:
Argus confirms we've missed out on Shipperley, Dublin and Dichio. The deals mentioned yesterday are delayed. One is a premiership player on loan.

Which says to me that the club are trying to keep us up despite what the whingers are saying.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Yorkie said:
Which says to me that the club are trying to keep us up despite what the whingers are saying.

No it says that we have a good PR man at the helm in Dick Knight.

Actions speak louder than words.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
We try but with the restrictions we have to resign ourselves to having a huge handicap. Its life Knight aint going to change his philosophy

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Stinky Kat said:
We try but with the restrictions we have to resign ourselves to having a huge handicap. Its life Knight aint going to change his philosophy

....but relegation definates (with low gate receipts) Crewe get the likes of Luke Rodgers,Gareth Taylor and Ugarte throughout the season:glare:

yorkshire seagull

May 18, 2004
Leeds
y2dave said:

Realistically, we were never going to get Dublin. Once Celtic came calling, he was always going to go up there.. Dichio would have been a good bet - always thought he was underrated at QPR.

As for the Premiership player on loan, I've heard a very strong rumour that it will be Malcolm Christie from Middlesborough - he's just returning from injury, and would be good business sense all round.

Still - all speculation at this stage.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
dwayne said:
....but relegation definates (with low gate receipts) Crewe get the likes of Luke Rodgers,Gareth Taylor and Ugarte throughout the season:glare:

We're still above them. Nobody is relegated in January.
Let's see what happens in April, shall we?
I remember a certain thread two years ago saying 'Let's write the season off now, shall we?'

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
dwayne said:

I totally agree- if we go down its a financial diaster but Knight has his way of dealing with things, he will not go into debt which is a good thing because if it backfires and we are relegated after spending loads we would be in trouble. Personally Id like to see them speculate to accumulate, take a monetary loan and get a good striker LB and hope we stay up but they will not do it, they own the club so I accept it.

We just cannot complete in the transfer market and that is a shame. For me the upside is its cheaper and less hassle with stewards etc at lower divison clubs plus we get some terracing to stand on - its not all bad news if we go down

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
:jester:

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Stinky Kat said:
I totally agree- if we go down its a financial diaster but Knight has his way of dealing with things, he will not go into debt which is a good thing because if it backfires and we are relegated after spending loads we would be in trouble. Personally Id like to see them speculate to accumulate, take a monetary loan and get a good striker LB and hope we stay up but they will not do it, they own the club so I accept it.

We just cannot complete in the transfer market and that is a shame. For me the upside is its cheaper and less hassle with stewards etc at lower divison clubs plus we get some terracing to stand on - its not all bad news if we go down

Couple of things on that point - I don't see the financial disaster if we go down. OK, we get less TV money because we won't have 2-3 games live on SKY, but gate receipts won't change a great deal. What is our average gate in the Championship v League 1 - bet there isn't a great deal in it.

What we lose in TV money we probably gain from not having to pay higher wages for better players.

Secondly, the club is already runnign at a loss - its not a case of Knight not going into debt - the longer we stay at Withdean and are funding Falmer appeals, we will continue to lose money. If awe have to buy players as well, then we lose even more money.

We are out of the relegation zone at the moment with the current players, what makes you think that battling spirit can't keep us up - a couple of late loan signings may just be the lift we all need, but their absence in no way means we are doomed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here