Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer Deadline Day thread (was: The January transfer window round-up thread)

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
He was specifically talking about the rubbish who aren't playing, and who don't want to play.

To describe Jose Bosingwa as rubbish is EXTREMELY polite, but there it is. And there are plenty examples of drains on their resources without contributing ANYTHING.

I suppose that's a fair argument, any CBs worth grabbing?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I suppose that's a fair argument, any CBs worth grabbing?

:lolol: No. At all. Their stock of centre backs is really, really poor. I would have suggested Anton Ferdinand as a loan for the rest of the season, but he has chosen Turkey instead.

That's an odd one for me - says he really wants first team football, but Begovic has been excellent for Stoke for a good 12 months now. I can only imagine that Pulis intends to flog Begovic to one of the top clubs at the end of the season?

Begovic deffinitely off in the summer. They wouldn't sign Butland and loan him back out again without planning on shifting on their current number 1 in the summer. Begovic is far too good for Stoke, so they'll get a good £10million for him and then have an automatic number 1 to replace him. Very shrewd and intelligent business by Stoke, and very good decision by Butland to turn down Chelsea in favour of being Stoke's number 1 next season. Solid Premier League team to experience Premier League football at.

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
To be fair Samba is absolute quality. The wages are mental in football full stop - but he'll come straight back into the Prem as one of the top 5 or 6 CBs in the league. The only mental thing is he's getting that money at QPR, rather than one of the top clubs.

It's being reported that a lot of that is made up of bonuses with the biggest being if we stay up which will give him the equivalent of £100k a week. We've moved Anton Ferdinand on and Ryan Nelsen played his last game for us Tuesday night. I'm wondering nay hoping their wages will cover those of Samba. Faurlin's gone out on loan now as well.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don't think you should be allowed to do that!

I agree and also that the only loans should be loans to buy or players coming back from injury. In all cases there should be a fee payable by the club of 10% of the players transfer valuation as set by the FL as a hire fee + a 2% per month after 1 month i.e. to loan a player for a season would cost initial 10% plus 20% for another 10 months. So in the case of Buckland or Zaha it would be 10% + 6% = 16% of their respective valuations.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
I agree and also that the only loans should be loans to buy or players coming back from injury. In all cases there should be a fee payable by the club of 10% of the players transfer valuation as set by the FL as a hire fee + a 2% per month after 1 month i.e. to loan a player for a season would cost initial 10% plus 20% for another 10 months. So in the case of Buckland or Zaha it would be 10% + 6% = 16% of their respective valuations.

I like that idea, nice and simple!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Sky Sports sources understand that Peter Odemwingie is likely to move to QPR later today.
by Adam Bate 3:38 PM

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgusAnother name to add to the #bhafc centre-half list, Tate's Swansea team-mate Garry Monk. Still believe Upson to be the top choice.

Has Gus only got one phone number in his contact list?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgusAnother name to add to the #bhafc centre-half list, Tate's Swansea team-mate Garry Monk. Still believe Upson to be the top choice.

Has Gus only got one phone number in his contact list?

Gary Monk? He must be 40 years old now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here