Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer Deadline Day thread (was: The January transfer window round-up thread)

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The same reason why chelsea, man city, anzi, psg etc can afford to. They all have BILLIONAIRE owners

Tony Fernandes is NO WHERE NEAR as rich as them! He is certainly not a billionaire.

QPR have a tiny ground. Their wages alone 108% of their turnover at one point. That was before the latest batch of signings!

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Tony Fernandes is NO WHERE NEAR as rich as them! He is certainly not a billionaire.

QPR have a tiny ground. Their wages alone 108% of their turnover at one point. That was before the latest batch of signings!

Tony fernandes IS very rich and has many rich people arond him. Qpr are in good hands

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
Tony fernandes IS very rich and has many rich people arond him.

He's certainly worth a few bob. I believe he is the front man for a consortium of 3, said to be very wealthy.
The remaining 1/3rd of the shares are owned by Lakshmi Mittal who is very, very rich.

Qpr are in good hands
Only time will tell. Have to say the plans submitted to the council for the new training complex are very impressive. If they're going to invest that sort of money, hopefully they're here for the long haul.

To be fair to 'Arry, he's shipping players out before he brings another one in. If there's one player I (and I think most QPR fans) want out, it's Bosingwa. :censored:

I know a lot on here don't like 'Arry but the mess we're in isn't down to him, it's down to Tango and Cash for stitching Warnock up before they sold up, Mark Hughes for signing some absolute shite and some of those players themselves who have been put to shame by the contributions of 3 35 year olds. Losing Nelsen is a blow and I hope Samba proves a worthwhile investment.

PS Was reported last night Mackie's not going anywhere. I hope that's true.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
If QPR go down, it's great for the rest of the league who don't go down as they can sign players on the cheap !! There is no way half their squad will want to play in the Championship and they couldn't afford it either.

Andros Townsend of Spurs is now having a medical at QPR as well.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
If QPR go down, it's great for the rest of the league who don't go down as they can sign players on the cheap !! There is no way half their squad will want to play in the Championship and they couldn't afford it either.

Andros Townsend of Spurs is now having a medical at QPR as well.

At the beggining of this season their wage bill was reported as around 108% (THATS ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHT PERCENT) of their turnover.

Financial fair play + relegation will SCREW them surely?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Ps

Today's first mention of Ricky Van Wolfswinkle. Rumoured to be interesting Fulham and Norwich.

I am desperate for him to sign, just to hear Motson shout "VAN WOLFSWINKLLLLLLLE!!!!!"

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here