Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer budget and players to buy with it

Falmer Forever

Jan 5, 2011
How much money do you think Poyet will get over summer from Tony Bloom and who do you think he will buy with it? Plus who do you think we should buy with it?

ajcocker

Apr 10, 2012
Just hopping for some fresh blood and defiantly need a gk valued at least 3.5mil id hope at least 5mil obviously that would include the sale of a couple of our players iv got my thoughts on which players will be leaving us but don't wana upset anyone who dose not like the truth.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I think we'll spend about £3m, rising if we get decent money for any players being shipped out.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
£10million at least

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
The way football is these days I feel that it is as much the wages the good guys are on as much as their transfer fees. That maybe why the likes of Phillips and Roberts chose to go elsewhere rather than come here say. I would expect transfer fees of £2/3million plus monies from sales.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
£30 million.

....maybe TB is playing a big game coming up?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I think we will re- mortgage the amex and the next 10 years season ticket sales to raise over £100 million to have a real go at promotion.

If we don't, hey no worries, just go into administration :)

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
£2.54 and 50 Australian cents from down the back of Tony's sofa.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
£4.2m, on 3 PROPERLY good players. We will also get at least 1 cracking season long loan in from a Prem club.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Sean Murray from Watford and McCleary from Nottingham Forest

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Last year we spent about £2.5-3m net so allowing for the extra revenue we have seen this year and our above-expectations performance I wouldn't be surprised if we spent something in the order of £4-5m net this year. That isn't necessarily the issue though. Many of the players we might like to sign - even free transfers - are going to want considerably higher salaries than we pay. How Gus and Tony work together to transition us from paying League 1 salaries to paying enough to be able to sustain a Premier League challenge over two or three seasons will decide the medium term future of the club.

Who will we spend on? A keeper for sure. Better full backs (hopefully keeping Mattock) at least one big powerful midfielder. We will clear a few out at first team and development squad level and bring a few new faces in to both. A mix of youth with hopefully one or two top-tier-experienced older players to help bring the talent through.

Most at risk of leaving? The obvious are our keepers (two or three from four) Painter, Sparrow, Navarro. I can see Bridcutt going if we get a good offer - for those who harp on about JFC not getting game time - Bridcutt is part of the reason (their combined lack of height leaves us too vulnerable to being over-run). I suspect Hoskins will go if we can recoup our outlay and there is also the unfinished police action to resolve and that could have an impact. For those gleefully looking for wholesale blood-letting, however, I really don't think it will happen. I'm thinking 7 or 8 first team squad players leaving and four or five from the development squad.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
How much did we actually spend last summer? Is the following correct
£2.5m - CMS
£1m -Buckley
£500,000 -Hoskins
£300,000 -Harley
£100,000 -Vincelot
£500,000-£1m -Lua Lua

Somewhere between £4.5m and £5.5m :eek: I would hope we could trump that this summer?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
As usual SG you make a lot of sense. Keeper is the number one priority, would like to see Kusczak from Man Utd, 3rd choice and not playing. Maybe Simon Cox will finally join.....

Last year we spent about £2.5-3m net so allowing for the extra revenue we have seen this year and our above-expectations performance I wouldn't be surprised if we spent something in the order of £4-5m net this year. That isn't necessarily the issue though. Many of the players we might like to sign - even free transfers - are going to want considerably higher salaries than we pay. How Gus and Tony work together to transition us from paying League 1 salaries to paying enough to be able to sustain a Premier League challenge over two or three seasons will decide the medium term future of the club.

Who will we spend on? A keeper for sure. Better full backs (hopefully keeping Mattock) at least one big powerful midfielder. We will clear a few out at first team and development squad level and bring a few new faces in to both. A mix of youth with hopefully one or two top-tier-experienced older players to help bring the talent through.

Most at risk of leaving? The obvious are our keepers (two or three from four) Painter, Sparrow, Navarro. I can see Bridcutt going if we get a good offer - for those who harp on about JFC not getting game time - Bridcutt is part of the reason (their combined lack of height leaves us too vulnerable to being over-run). I suspect Hoskins will go if we can recoup our outlay and there is also the unfinished police action to resolve and that could have an impact. For those gleefully looking for wholesale blood-letting, however, I really don't think it will happen. I'm thinking 7 or 8 first team squad players leaving and four or five from the development squad.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I hope we go for some highly rated youngsters. For example, Jacob Butterfield from Barnsley (if he doesn't go the prem) and Nick Powell from Crewe.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
As usual SG you make a lot of sense. Keeper is the number one priority, would like to see Kusczak from Man Utd, 3rd choice and not playing. Maybe Simon Cox will finally join.....

Should get to see Tomasz tonight - I kind of know his girlfriend and I know that Watford are very keen to sign him on a permanent deal

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here