Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Trains today

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Weren’t they dreadful? Two consecutive Thameslinks cancelled up to Finsbury Park meaning we had to tube it to Highbury and Islington going there - and then an hours queue at this Statiin coming back and a points failure on the Victoria Line which stopped and started for 40 minutes back home . And we moan about Southern

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Found the trains alright to be fair. No issues on the way up, little bit of a hold up coming back on Victoria Line but back in Worthing by 5.15

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Didn’t have any trouble today. Went to Victoria then tube, all pretty smooth.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
Utter shitshow coming home. Didn't get back to Victoria until about 4.10 after all the signalling hold-ups. Then had 5 mins to get from the underground to the platform for the Littlehampton train. Then just to round it off, the Littlehampton train got stuck in Hove due to a broken down train up the line in Portslade. Had to call Mrs W and ask her to pick us up from Hove. Ruined a good day.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Train I wanted from Brighton was cancelled this morning but other than that all ran smoothly. One of the easier aways transport-wise.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Just got back indoors, no issues with the choo-choos whatsoever today....a fragmented by design return and all worked perfick.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Didn't go today, even though it's half an hour from my home. But Tuesday was a nightmare: with no park and ride a larger percentage needed the train, so Southern decided not to put on any extra trains and Thameslink cancelled their later trains from Brighton to London. I'm not sure why the last train has to spend 10 minutes at every stop, but it meant I got back to Walthamstow at 2:45 in the morning. Also the London train was full of teenage Crawley pricks, that apparently could only communicate via the medium of really loud misogyny.

Luke the Lucky

NSC Patron
May 1, 2024
Was a bit of queue for the tube on the way back with one of the trains stating 6 minutes until arrival and actually taking 12 but other than everything else ran great back to and from Worthing

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Weren’t they dreadful? Two consecutive Thameslinks cancelled up to Finsbury Park meaning we had to tube it to Highbury and Islington going there - and then an hours queue at this Statiin coming back and a points failure on the Victoria Line which stopped and started for 40 minutes back home . And we moan about Southern
Why not walk to Finsbury park:shrug:

Trains were simple Polegate to Victoria, Victoria to Finsbury Park, coming home the reverse and I'm sorry but I did feel a sense of satisfaction when the already full tube arrived at Highbury & Islington happy that it was worth the 20 minute walk

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Walked back to Kings Cross via a couple of pubs on the way. Had a lovely old time. Wasn’t going to wait around in those queues for the train.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Why not walk to Finsbury park:shrug:

Trains were simple Polegate to Victoria, Victoria to Finsbury Park, coming home the reverse and I'm sorry but I did feel a sense of satisfaction when the already full tube arrived at Highbury & Islington happy that it was worth the 20 minute walk

Similar to Wembley. Walk to Wembley Central.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No issues at all yesterday. Changed at London Bridge for Finsbury Park on the way up (5 min wait), had to shoot off immediately post match as going out last night so walked to St Pancras to avoid the tube wait and easily made the 15:20, back in Burgess Hill before 16:30.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Stayed around for a drink near the ground, straight onto a tube at Highbury & Islington, got the 16:46 from Victoria. Only issue was the problem at Portslade which the apps said was a train fault but our onboard supervisor said he’d been told it was some teenagers causing problems on a train.

Ended up 20 minutes late but the delay repay claim is already in.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Must have got lucky, got direct train to Finsbury Park at 8:44, plenty of time to meet friends at the Worlds End, then after the game, when we got to the station a 25 minute wait for a direct train back to Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here