Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains to charlton from Brighton

scottsaunders

Mar 16, 2008
Is it a hassle to get to charlton as I haven't been there on train before and not too sure on directions so some help would be very helpful and coming back is there a specific train I would have to catch to make it back ? :lol: Cheers

Train station is about 4 or 5 minutes from the ground. You could look on the WEBSITE but I suppose I could do a whole journey for you providing you live in Brighton:

1727-Brighton-East Croydon-1815
1821-East Croydon-London Bridge-1842
1855-London Bridge-Charlton-1914

and return...

2155- Charlton-London Bridge-2211
2228-London Bridge-East Croydon-2244
2252-East Croydon-Brighton-2330

That is the route I will be taking anyway but you can do it in one stop if you wait for the service directly after the two above.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
first capital london bridge, south eastern to woolwich arse or charlton, i know pubs in area so get of at either.

Don't go to Woolwich Arsenal, it's two stop away. I know, I live there. Got to Charlton. Right outside the station is the Antigallican pub and it's for away fans only and is huge.

Although, i will be in O'Connors or The Bull in Woolwich if you fancy popping in!

murraymint

Aug 13, 2008
Don't go to Woolwich Arsenal, it's two stop away. I know, I live there. Got to Charlton. Right outside the station is the Antigallican pub and it's for away fans only and is huge.

Although, i will be in O'Connors or The Bull in Woolwich if you fancy popping in!

What he said, the pub and the ground is a stone's throw from the Valley.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Or .... To save money, Train from Brighton to East Croydon. Tramlink from East Croydon to Elmers End, Elmers End to Lewisham, Lewisham to Greenwich on the DLR the Greenwich to Charlton. Very much the scenic route but you don't go through Zone 1.

Just checked, that takes less than an hour.

Last edited:

Or .... To save money, Train from Brighton to East Croydon. Tramlink from East Croydon to Elmers End, Elmers End to Lewisham, Lewisham to Greenwich on the DLR the Greenwich to Charlton. Very much the scenic route but you don't go through Zone 1.

:clap:

Unfortunately my journey on Tuesday would have to start from Manchester Metrolink (St Peter's Square) and wouldn't get me to the ground in time for kick-off.

Bloody TRAMS!

:angry:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
:clap:

Unfortunately my journey on Tuesday would have to start from Manchester Metrolink (St Peter's Square) and wouldn't get me to the ground in time for kick-off.

Bloody TRAMS!

:angry:

The tram ride to Elmers End isn't that slow and the Tesco there is open all night if you get peckish.

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
Train station is about 4 or 5 minutes from the ground. You could look on the WEBSITE but I suppose I could do a whole journey for you providing you live in Brighton:

1727-Brighton-East Croydon-1815
1821-East Croydon-London Bridge-1842
1855-London Bridge-Charlton-1914

and return...

2155- Charlton-London Bridge-2211
2228-London Bridge-East Croydon-2244
2252-East Croydon-Brighton-2330

That is the route I will be taking anyway but you can do it in one stop if you wait for the service directly after the two above.

:clap2: LOL - more train journey "arse wiping" for albion fans! :facepalm: How do we all get on in life?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here