Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains last night

From my seat in the ESL I clapped the players off the pitch, had a wee and a non rushed walk to the train.

Joined the back of the queue for the train which was closer to the shop than the station.

But was still on a train within 25 minutes and was back in Shoreham by 1030pm.

Bloody good effort - well done Mr Train!

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
One of my highlights after a game is coming on here and reading all the threads about buses and trains.

Can anyone remember what we used to moan about at Withdean? Apart from forks and the football, i can't remember much???

Big_Unit

Sep 5, 2011
Hove
From my seat in the ESL I clapped the players off the pitch, had a wee and a non rushed walk to the train.

Joined the back of the queue for the train which was closer to the shop than the station.

I second that! Had a beer in the North Stand afterwards, still got back to Portslade at 11.05.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
One of my highlights after a game is coming on here and reading all the threads about buses and trains.

Can anyone remember what we used to moan about at Withdean? Apart from forks and the football, i can't remember much???

Somthing about bacon in a roll I think. And the lack of SPORKS.

Jul 13, 2012

That's good. Took me an hour last season to get of Reading car park. Think our set up of getting away from the ground is good and no worse than any other ground so I ignore the moaners.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Took me an hour last season to get of Reading car park. Think our set up of getting away from the ground is good and no worse than any other ground so I ignore the moaners.

Exactly the same as us on Boxing Day. It took bloody ages to get out of that huge car park down the road from the stadium. All because there was one little slip lane for all the cars trying to filter out on to the main road outside and traffic lights up the end of that road. There was no-one controlling the traffic and it was an absolute mare trying to get out.

Maybe all the train and bus moaners should be made to go to Reading and try that. That'd soon stop the moans.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Well after someone decided to close one of the lanes on the A27 straight after a match I think the train may have been the best idea, could they not have waited an extra hour or so

Madness wasn't it?

Jul 13, 2012
Exactly the same as us on Boxing Day. It took bloody ages to get out of that huge car park down the road from the stadium. All because there was one little slip lane for all the cars trying to filter out on to the main road outside and traffic lights up the end of that road. There was no-one controlling the traffic and it was an absolute mare trying to get out.

Maybe all the train and bus moaners should be made to go to Reading and try that. That'd soon stop the moans.

I was there, nightmare and parked at Coventry new years eve and the same problem so all these people who moan should try going to away grounds and using their car parks and park and ride then comment because these moaners would then see all clubs are the same.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I met a girl named Rachel in the queue for the train home, she is a waitress in the 1901. She was abruptly swept away by the crowd at Brighton though, didn't get her number. :down:

Might contact the club, it is rare a lady talks to me for as long as we spent talking! Thanks to the lengthy queues for the train. My only complaint is that the train itself was very qucick into Brighton and then the crowds swarmed and she disappeared. I hopr it wasn't by choice!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

We had a leisurely pint in WSU.... then strolled right round the ground... got straight on a train and was sipping a whisky in Lancing by ten past eleven.... no stress at all.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I met a girl named Rachel in the queue for the train home, she is a waitress in the 1901. She was abruptly swept away by the crowd at Brighton though, didn't get her number. :down:

Might contact the club, it is rare a lady talks to me for as long as we spent talking! Thanks to the lengthy queues for the train. My only complaint is that the train itself was very qucick into Brighton and then the crowds swarmed and she disappeared. I hopr it wasn't by choice!

Stalker alert! :ohmy:

Jul 13, 2012

If your feelings are strong enough then if you want to pursue this then the best option is to get a ticket for the 1901 area and see where this takes you. It's all if and butts but if their was chemistry there and only you know then there's only one way to find out. I've been there before and had to find out....

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
I stayed in the ground until 10:00 pm and slowly wondered to the station for a train to Lewes, the queue was on the bridge over the railway line. Took about 30 minutes to get a train. I was back home by about 12:05 am.

There's a perfectly adequate park & ride service at Reading. And a half-way decent bus service between Reading Station and the ground. Trying to park near the stadium is MADNESS. Unless you actually enjoy nudging forward in a slow moving queue of traffic.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Lewes queue was very long, well over the bridge at about 9.50. I left at 90 mins though, having learnt my lesson for the Cardiff game, where i had a 45 minute wait. Waited 15 minutes last night and caught the direct Eastbourne train - home at 10.30.

Train home wasnt packed either, but then i was in the front coach, which is never full.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Left at 90 mins, caught the train at 10:13, back home by 10:45.

Easy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here