Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Training twice a day?

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Took my Dad to todays game and he said to me that players looked tired.

Is training twice a day really a good idea???

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Hinsh has been out of action for almost a year.

Mayo and Butters are 'big boned'. :D

I wouldn't say Butters is overweight for his game. His game is not about pace, but presence and dominating the forwards. He has been out of action for a fair while, as well.

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
BarrelofFun said:
Hinsh has been out of action for almost a year.

Mayo and Butters are 'big boned'. :D

I wouldn't say Butters is overweight for his game. His game is not about pace, but presence and dominating the forwards. He has been out of action for a fair while, as well.

Well Hinsh shouldn't have been brought on if he's not ready and same with Butters, it's desperate stuff.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I think it must have been all this defensive training Wilkins has made them do for the past week...It made a big difference..made them look like a bunch of strangers....
only the midfield and strikers to go now then..but they are already strangers

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
If a player is out for a year is that an excuse to be overwieght?
Butters is returning to the bulk he was when he first arrived. Surely, as a paid athlete these players should be in top condition, if not why not.

I never understood this mentality that because you play in the second,third, fourth etc divisions of our game you should be excused fitness levels. To be privileged, being payed to play football you should keep your body in perfect shape at all times.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
dwayne said:
yet Butters, Hinsh, and Mayo look badly overweight, I don't get it?

The TV makes everyone look bigger than they really are, surely YOU must know that, especially as you hang out with all your "celeb" mates. :p

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Ernest said:
You should stop feeding him all that junk food and make him some decent healthy grub like what Mrs E is cooking me now

Lets hope it give you the shits then, might keep you quiet for a few days at least. :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here