Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train Travel To Crewe - London Problems

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
To add to the enjoyent of there being no direct trains from Euston to Crewe after 8am,

The powers that be have decided that Brighton to London trains on Thameslink terminate at London Bridge

And The Main Brighton to Victoria is fine, but the Victoria Tube line is closed for the day, so you cant get a direct tube from Victoria to St Pancras for the train to Derby.

Which do people think is the best way to get to St Pancras from Brighton?
London Bridge or Victoria??

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
sorry if im wrong, but our train to luton stopped at st pancras, could you just do that.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Cheers, the other option I guess is get the Circle/District tube from Victoria to embankment and catch the Northen Line up from there

We will be on the 6.56 from Three Bridges arriving London Bridge at 7.32. Then its the Northern Line to St Pancras. We are on the 8.25 from St Pancras to Derby which is I belive the same train as Mr Mendoza and also The Worthing Laird.

Victoria Line is closed all day Saturday and Sunday this weekend.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
We will be on the 6.56 from Three Bridges arriving London Bridge at 7.32. Then its the Northern Line to St Pancras. We are on the 8.25 from St Pancras to Derby which is I belive the same train as Mr Mendoza and also The Worthing Laird.

Victoria Line is closed all day Saturday and Sunday this weekend.

I will meet you at London Bridge is my train from Brighton isnt the one you get on

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Out of interest chaps, how much are you guys paying for your train tix to Crewe? I was rather put off by the prices I was quoted.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Out of interest chaps, how much are you guys paying for your train tix to Crewe? I was rather put off by the prices I was quoted.

£40 in total from London to Crewe (without YP)
£12 each way London to Derby bit (1st class which was cheaper for some reason)
£8 each way Derby to Crewe bit

Have to pay for Brighton - London return bit yet - £55ish in total

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Better than I was quoted, but not by a lot. I know it's cos the lines are being "maintained" but still a lot of money. We went to Carlisle last year, that was £22 one way. And bizarrely, I am going to Newcastle next week on business, £68 return first class all the way!!!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
£40 in total from London to Crewe (without YP)
£12 each way London to Derby bit (1st class which was cheaper for some reason)
£8 each way Derby to Crewe bit

Have to pay for Brighton - London return bit yet - £55ish in total

is that just for an adult, because me and my son got quoted £40 for both return via derby from brighton, but we do have a family railcard and my network railcard from work. however we didnt realise that way until after we booked to go via wolves, as thats the way national rail guided us. Works out bout 20mins longer, and for adult and 15yo it was £44 all in.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
To add to the enjoyent of there being no direct trains from Euston to Crewe after 8am,

The powers that be have decided that Brighton to London trains on Thameslink terminate at London Bridge

And The Main Brighton to Victoria is fine, but the Victoria Tube line is closed for the day, so you cant get a direct tube from Victoria to St Pancras for the train to Derby.

Which do people think is the best way to get to St Pancras from Brighton?
London Bridge or Victoria??

or Get off at Victoria, couple of stop to South Kensington on the circle/district then straight up to Picadilly line.

Oct 25, 2003
Better than I was quoted, but not by a lot. I know it's cos the lines are being "maintained" but still a lot of money. We went to Carlisle last year, that was £22 one way. And bizarrely, I am going to Newcastle next week on business, £68 return first class all the way!!!

train prices are a minefield

the other day i travelled from peterborough to newcastle for £10, yet if i'd got the train before, it would've cost about £50

BIZARRE

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
INDEED, 4 pack, ham, bread, cheese, Harry Clipper

I am on your train, starts at Brighton at 6.24, so will give you text when I know what carriage Im on, though, im not sure if the lairds train connects to mine at Haywards Heath

You seem to be getting a very early train, I'm getting mine at 8ish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here