Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train Travel For 2012/13

Punisher741

Sep 18, 2011
Worthing
not to sure but ive heard that our season tickets cover train travel between worthing and falmer or something like that so can someone please clarify that?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Shame that those coming from the east don't get such a good deal, Polegate being about the same distance from the Amex as Worthing.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Used the triain about fifteen times last season from Portslade and never had my ticket checked once. Sometimes no one there to buy one from anyway. Ended up not bothering.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Used the triain about fifteen times last season from Portslade and never had my ticket checked once. Sometimes no one there to buy one from anyway. Ended up not bothering.

So, you only buy a ticket because you might get caught, rather than paying for a service you have used ?

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Shame that those coming from the east don't get such a good deal, Polegate being about the same distance from the Amex as Worthing.

Very true. When those boundaries were drawn up, they were relative to Withdean. Ideally they need dragging over to the East a bit to make it balanced & fairer. As the scheme worked last year, it was cheaper to buy a return ticket from Eastbourne to Falmer rather than a return to Lewes then use a voucher from there.

I've no problem making the travel voucher compulsory even though I will be out of pocket a bit, but as mentioned, the boundaries could do with some tinkering.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Oh yes, the travel tax

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here