Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train ticket bollocks

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I can see exactly how it will pan out Sim, just as you pull in to Stevenage the ticket inspector will come and check your ticket. On seeing your first ticket he'll question why you aren't getting up to alight from the train (obviously in a really nasal voice), at which point you will produce your second ticket for the continuation of your journey. This is the point at which I foresee him uttering the words "I'm afraid your ticket is only valid if you leave the train at Stevenage sir". You'll have to disembark the train and re-board to be greeted by your new friend "your second ticket is only valid for new passengers on this service, you have already been on this train so you will have to purchase a new ticket".

And you just know train employees like Ernest will wank off to this scenario.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Tremendous customer service.

I can only hope the drivers and revenue protection officers have got their own private toilet on board. Otherwise they'll only strike.

I contacted Southern about this, and asked why there were doing it.

Apparently, 90% of the people who take this train don't use it for the whole journey, therefore toilets were not deemed necessary. I'm paraphrasing, but that's the gist of their reason for doing it.

Apparently, as laid down in law, train companies are not obliged to offer toilet facilities on any of their trains.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Apparently, 90% of the people who take this train don't use it for the whole journey, therefore toilets were not deemed necessary. I'm paraphrasing, but that's the gist of their reason for doing it.

Write back to them, and tell them that the fire extinguishers are hardly EVER used, and that emergency cord is a complete waste of space on 99% of journeys.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not at all. They are essential on all journeys, to prevent people from cheating the system, by um, buying the cheapest fares..
What about HEATERS? The train companies don't seem to think they ever need to be used. Unless of course it is 30 degrees centigrade outside, obviously.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What about HEATERS? The train companies don't seem to think they ever need to be used. Unless of course it is 30 degrees centigrade outside, obviously.

I can't comment on that, as I never use trains. I'm simply not clever enough to fathom out how to buy a ticket.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

They are incredibly useful if the bottom half of your leg is cold.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
To be honest, once people have pissed on the floor, for lack of a toilet, you'll be glad the heaters are not on.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Apparently, as laid down in law, train companies are not obliged to offer toilet facilities on any of their trains.

They definitely wont now, because they will have to get off as they're busting for a piss.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
What do you expect from something that is 30 years old ?

If that is the case then please may I pay prices based on what they were 30 years ago.

That argument is like going into a restaurant and being charged £70 a head for some old slop served up during the f***ing blitz.

All i think people are saying is please sort it out as you have no compunction in charging me prices that go up ahead of inflation every year but when we ask for a service that matches those prices we can frankly go whistle dixie.

And that's before those Nazi f***ing inspectors board the train on the premise they seem to have that every fucker on the whole train is trying to defraud the railways.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
More importantly why aren't train guards issued tazers to neutralise snorers, sniffers, people who can't sit still and people playing loud music through shit earphones?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here