Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train delays into London this morning

Big Mart

Sep 12, 2010
Cable theft causing problems into London bridge and over running engineering works has closed 2 tracks near Purley causing delays of upto 20 mins into Victoria

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
On arriving at Shoreham station at 6:15 this morning to be told that there was nothing to London Bridge - I turned around and walked home to work from here. I wasn't going to stand all the way and struggle to Victoria then get across town. B*gg*r that for a game of soldiers. Presumably would also have knock-on efects for this evening. Hope it's all sorted for tomorrow.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Really ? My journey in from Orpington wasn't affected.

Dawn Korus

Oct 17, 2010
Christmas Island
Seems train announcer go it wrong, cables nicked in Littlehampton, only vandalism in New Cross. Our train diverted to Victoria but overrunning maintenance near Sellhurst so delays their too

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I am stuck on the 802 from Redhill which should have been in 20 mins ago, yet is still MILES outside London Bridge.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Its 9.13 currently outside new cross gate. Should have arrived at 8.43.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'm on a train to London Bridge now but stupidly had my headphones in when the last announcement was made. Oh I've just overheard someone on phone who seems to think we are not going to LB now but are going via Elephant and Castle. Doesn't bother me as I get the northern line but all seems a bit confuzled.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I'm on a train to London Bridge now but stupidly had my headphones in when the last announcement was made. Oh I've just overheard someone on phone who seems to think we are not going to LB now but are going via Elephant and Castle. Doesn't bother me as I get the northern line but all seems a bit confuzled.

Yeah says online trains are being diverted now surprised London Bridge as according to the BBC thats were the issue is at

Southern - London Bridge to London Bridge - disrupted
Disruption on Southern between Victoria and London Bridge due to signalling problem at London Bridge. Tickets being accepted on local bus routes and London Underground services.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
09.25 Tuesday 6 September 2011
London Bridge Disruption
Train services into and out of London Bridge station are severely disrupted due to vandalism in the area.
There are currently no Southern services between London Bridge and London Victoria via Denmark Hill. Alternative routes are available at affected stations.
Passengers should expect delays of up to 35 minutes with the short notice alterations and cancellations.
London Buses, London Overground, London Underground, London Tramlink, Southeastern and First Capital Connect are accepting Southern tickets on any reasonable route.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Just coming into london bridge.now so appx 45 min delay.

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
I made the descion to go to Waterloo and jump on City line to Bank, ended up only being 30 mins too late.

This issue of stealing the copper signal wiring seems to be increasing - and lets face it, Southern call it Vandalism which makes you think of young dickheads just messing about, but this strikes me as serious organised crime.

You would have to be pretty organised to know what your doing, have the means to store it and get away and then to try and sell it. Someones making alot of money out of it. Just hope its sorted out by 5 pm - still have nightmares from my 7 hour journey back after the Croydon landslide

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I made the descion to go to Waterloo and jump on City line to Bank, ended up only being 30 mins too late.

This issue of stealing the copper signal wiring seems to be increasing - and lets face it, Southern call it Vandalism which makes you think of young dickheads just messing about, but this strikes me as serious organised crime.

You would have to be pretty organised to know what your doing, have the means to store it and get away and then to try and sell it. Someones making alot of money out of it. Just hope its sorted out by 5 pm - still have nightmares from my 7 hour journey back after the Croydon landslide

There were recent BBC reports about it, very organised gangs that generally know what they are doing and how to offload it quickly. In more rural parts of railway, they basically dig a bit off, tie it to a flat bed truck or similar and drive off ripping it all up, stick it in the van and off they go.

Only problem is a lot of them are knicking fibre (worthless to resell) thinking it is copper, messing up a lot of the broadband networks

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bit chaotic and normally the 0701 from Shoreham to London Bridge is cancelled however 5 minutes late and went to Victoria instead - result

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here