Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train Attack At/near Durrington

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
Sure something must already have been posted on this topic but couldn't immediately see it. Shocking. Hope the poor bloke makes a full recovery but wonder about the physcological effects. When I think about the thousands of times I travelled that route and got off a train at Durrington and never felt threatened. Don't want to sound all misty eyed and trot out the usual "country is going to the dogs" , "birch them" soundbites but what the hell has the old place come to?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Link would help.

Literally bunch of teens aged 14-18 got on train going to littlehampton at Lancing, went through many of the carriages, found a guy who was on his own, had long hair and beard, and they set him alight and got off at Durrington, shocking behaviour.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Why the f*** didn't they show the CCTV off the train on the TV news, find these scum straight away and deal with them. So long as we don't interfere with any of their human rights or civil liberties of course.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Why the f*** didn't they show the CCTV off the train on the TV news, find these scum straight away and deal with them. So long as we don't interfere with any of their human rights or civil liberties of course.

The cctv footage cant be released for legal reasons wich dosnt really help the victim just as usual helps protect the perpetraitors,i watched the news and heard them describe the attackers<totally fooking useless,CHANGE THE LAW SHOW THE FUCKERS DOING THE CRIME im pretty darn sure they would be recognised and banged to rights in no time.

I would be surprised if the perpetrators aren't already well known to BTP. Some of the users of Durrington station have an established reputation in railway circles.

The CCTV will no doubt be better used to confirm their identity, rather than just publicise their exploits.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Scum like this don't deserve oxygen, let alone civil liberties. Show the CCTV on the news, find them and set them alight, see how they deal with it.

That would fix the problem..:thumbsup:

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
For the sake of the rest of us, I hope it turns out that the victim was known to the thugs, and that it wasn't some random attack!

Obviously it's a bloody awful thing to happen to the guy, and the thugs are scum to behave like that. But it fricking scares me that there are idiots who would set fire to a random person! Why on earth were they not caught on the train CCTV when they were assaulting him, and not just when they started the fire?

And if they got off at Durrington, presumably they live round here so guess they are possibly my neighbours too!

Bloody scary world we live in!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I get the train along that route a few nights a week.

Feel nice and safe now...

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Still trying to think on this one. I was actually on that train and got off at Worthing. The odd thing was it was quite crowded with Christmas shoppers.
I can remember some kids getting on at Lancing, but they just didn't stick in the memory.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
f***ing bunch of mugs, the lot of em'!
I can't imagine the victim was in a coach all by himself, as it wasn't all that late. So where were the other people on that coach? Did they not think to help fend off the attackers. I certainly would be there to help someone in that vunerable position, and I'd expect people to do the same for me. The only way to see off the scum, is to stand up to them. Otherwise they will just carry on doing things like this...:nono:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
f***ing bunch of mugs, the lot of em'!
I can't imagine the victim was in a coach all by himself, as it wasn't all that late. So where were the other people on that coach? Did they not think to help fend off the attackers. I certainly would be there to help someone in that vunerable position, and I'd expect people to do the same for me. The only way to see off the scum, is to stand up to them. Otherwise they will just carry on doing things like this...:nono:

Two problems with getting involved, though.

1) The scum turn on you, and perhaps stab you or set fire to you.

2) Lay a finger on one of these retards, and they'll get our clueless police to
prosecute you for assualt instead, while they scamper back to their shitty
council estates laughing.

Besides, even if they are tracked down and charged, they'll only get a community order or suspended sentence, because some social worker will give the court a sob-story about a broken home, mum on drugs, didn't get action man for his 3rd birthday and has harboured anger ever since, or some such other pathetic excuse. Oh, and 'my client now feels deep remorse for what he did', while the scumbag smirks to hs chav mates in the public gallery.

Sterilise the chav underclass at puberty so that they can't breed, and eventually they will die out.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
i remember a group getting on as was on this train, 2 were mixed race. They were acting up but can't be sure it was them.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Couple of points about this thread. Interesting that while most are calling for the CCTV to be aired, no-one has mentioned Human Rights, Big Brother etc.

Another point, the comments about Feral Kids, Shoot Them, Burn them, starve them of oxygen etc. Recently Bernados, the kids charity, produced a promotional film, see below, specifically targetting against that sort of atitiude to kids and youngsters.

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4E1b_s9irUw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4E1b_s9irUw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]

I am a member of the British Association of Shooting and Conservation and was horrified to see that film, which I believe portrays shooting and owners of licensed weapons in a very poor light. The BASC complained, many of its members complained, and Bernados reply was IMO pretty poor, but look at the last comment:

REPLY TO MY EMAIL TO BERNADOS
"The film was primarily designed not as a fundraiser, but to be shown to the media so that they would reassess their own handling of children and young people in their coverage. It has been very successful in raising a public debate around the demonization of children. Our intention was not to offend but to highlight society’s increasing intolerance of young people.

Whilst we appreciate your concerns, at no point in the film do we encourage bloody violence. The concept of shooting is a metaphor for how the public thinks about children and is not intended to single out those who take part in shooting sports as those wanting to shoot children. The analogy is born out of a direct quote taken from a UK newspaper website written by a member of the public.

We believe the most shocking part of the film is that these are real comments made by the public about children."

Alby

Jan 4, 2005
West Sussex
Why on earth were they not caught on the train CCTV when they were assaulting him, and not just when they started the fire?

And if they got off at Durrington, presumably they live round here so guess they are possibly my neighbours too!

Bloody scary world we live in!

They will in all probability be on cctv as it is active on all Southern trains. However it is on continuous record and gets pulled if an incident occurs it is not like a town centre or station system which has an operator viewing it who can alert the Police.

The scum who carried out the cowardly attack will if caught no doubt get away with an inappropriately short sentence thanks to the great British justice system.:angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here