Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tottenham have RUINED Zamora's top flight career.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Like it or not, rightly or wrongly, Bobby has now been labelled a "Premiership Flop".
If ever a top-flight club is scouting around domestically for a goalscorer, and Bobbys name comes up, it'll always be "yeah, but he did nothing at Spurs". And its far from certain that West Ham will be back in the Premiership in the forseeable future. So after 5 Premiership starts, Bobs back in the Nationwide.
He deserves better, but clubs like Spurs chew players like Bobby up and spit them out. Looks like Bobby would have needed to score a couple of hattricks for Spurs to have any patience with the fella. Meanwhile, that utterly GARBAGE striker Postiga is still there, basically cos Spurs can't afford to write off the 6 or 7 million they pissed up the wall bringing him over. Given the choice, which player do you think the Spurs fans would rather have retained ? I bet they'd have picked Bobby over Postiga every time.

How absolutely typical of a Premiership football club . The promising young England U21 striker sinks into obscurity, while the expensive foreign flop continues to ply his trade in the English top flight. It sucks, dunnit ?

Sonic The Hedgehog

Oi Lino You're A Disgrace
Jul 7, 2003
Wetherspoons, Fareham
I think BZ would have had more of a chance if Spurs hadn't sacked Hoddle after 6 games this season, as it was Hoddle who was keen to sign him. Simply, Pleat didn't rate him and never gave BZ a decent chance in his proper position.

Having done well in a team struggling against relegation last season, the next step should be to be in a Div 1 side near the top of the table which is where he's ended up.

Perhaps the step from the Albion to the Premiership was too much in one go, but I wouldn't be surprised if Bobby was a success in the Premiership in the future.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Whilst I agree with your sentiments rgd a promising future England star being over looked for a foreign premadonna. I believe his move to West Ham will be a good move for all parties (except Brighton grrr).

He will now become one of their main strikers and play first team football at the sharp end of the first division. If he does get into the prem it will most likely be through promotion rather than transfer. Which I think is a more sound base to start a prem career. Escpecially if it his goals that help West Ham get there.

Look at Ormerod, he's only just getting a look in at Southampton. He was scoring as many as Bobby for Blackpool.

Look at Saha. He was shite for his first season in the Prem. It takes time to adjust. With West Ham I believe we'll be seeing his name across the back pages a lot more often.

Good luck Bobby!

Last edited:

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
he wanted to make the big jump... and yes he did not do much at spurs, but he was only given limited oppertunities, maybe he should have tried to walk before he could run.. anyway hes now an ex seagull get behind Leon Knight..

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
Fair point Easy10, although I suspect his career will move on faster at West Ham than it ever would at Spurs. He never had much chance once Hoddle got the push - everyone knew Hoddle had seen more Albion games than any manager we've had since Micky Adams, so there was always a good chance that Pleat would make a point of ignoring Bob, then punting him on at the first opportunity.

If I was Alan ******* Pardew, I'd be extremely smug about the bit of business I'd just carried out - sold a one-dimensional striker who didn't want to play for the club, signed an all-round striker (and prolific goalscorer) who did, and made a packet out of the whole deal.

SeagullSimon

Jul 5, 2003
Kent Uni; Bexhill
Good luck Bobby :clap2:

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
Agree with a lot of that Easy10, Postiga looks pants and I bet most fans would take BobbyZ over him.

Unfortunatly Postiga set them back £6.25m while Zamora was only £1.5m. Theyre gonna have to keep playing him to justify that price tage despite a woeful 2 goals in 22 games!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
has anyone checked a spurs message board to see what they think?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Spurs are a shitty club but I wouldn't say that Bobby's Permiership career is ruined. West Ham will go back up soon enough and Bobby will have played a big part in that with the goals he WILL score for them.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If West Ham end up bumbling around in Division One for the next few years, I can't see another Premiership club taking a chance on Bob. I hope he does well at West Ham, and he WILL get more 1st team opportunities, which is better for him. Its just a shame to have his ambitions clipped so quickly after his big move, and it must be particularly galling that a foreign import of very dubious credentials has been retained at his expense.

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
I cant see West Ham bumbling around Div 1 with the team Pardew is putting together, theyll be playoffs this season and if not, should definitely go up the year after THEN Bobby will show Mr Pleat!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well they're hardly pulling up any trees at the moment. Just outside of the playoffs, but ask any Hammer, they are not exactly looking like promotion material at the moment. They have the look of a perennial yo-yo club, at best.

Bobs better than that. Well, I thought he was anyway.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Who cares what he does at West Ham frankly? The chance to benefit our club has now come and gone as we're getting sweet FA in the way of sell on clause money so, as of yesterday, he's just another Nationwide striker. Thanks for what you did Bobby but I'm only interested in Knight and Benjy right now.

Doesn't matter if Glen Hoddle or David Pleat or even Eileen Drury have ruined him, a big cheque opportunity has just waltzed off down the swanny. Bristol Rovers must be pissing themselves.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I saw Bobby play on Saturday, for the customary 15 minutes at the end. Postiga was woeful all game, not least in constantly standing on the left wing miles offside with his arm raised in a 'pass me the ball' manner. You're offside, you nob.

Bobby came on and spent most of the time on the right wing - great - though he did swop onto the left for a few moments. He had one good layoff, one nice dummy interchange with Keane and a header on target ruled offside. To be fair, Fulham were all over Spurs in the last quarter, and Bobby never got a chance. Story of his time there, really. He looked a bit forlorn at the final whistle - suspect he already knew that was his last Spurs appearance.

Simon Morgan's programme notes made me smile. (He's now community officer at Fulham.) He welcomed back a former teammate for the day, saying he enjoyed winning a championship with Bobby down at Brighton. "Mind you, talk about a one man team!" Morgan wrote. "Bobby scored so many goals we became known as Zamora Hove Albion."

Hmm.

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm sure Zamora will score shedloads for West Ham in Div 1, and equally I'm sure that given proper handling (as people have said, look at Ormerod, who's not half the striker BZ is) he would've done so for Spurs in the Premiership - with time and support, that is. Once Hoddle had gone, then so had Zamora's chance, I'm afraid. I agree that Spurs have done neither him nor England any favours in this; fingers crossed that he gets back to the Premiership with the experience and cnfidence gained by banging in Div 1 goals this season (and, sadly, probably next season too).

Saw Zamora on telly last night with that twat Pardew, and I thought he (BZ, that is - Pardew looked pretty chuffed as well he might, Defoe was off anyway and this way he's got a demon striker and some cash out of it) didn't look very pleased at all - maybe just his usual on-screen reticence? Or perhaps he also figures he'll be written off as a Premiership flop? Only one way to disprove that!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I've spoken to many Spurs fans and yet I have not found ONE that rates Postiga higher than Bobby. A couple of them are actually gutted that he's gone but happy with Defoe although they think BZ & Defoe would've been a great partnership for the future.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
swindonseagull said:
he wanted to make the big jump... and yes he did not do much at spurs, but he was only given limited oppertunities, maybe he should have tried to walk before he could run.. anyway hes now an ex seagull get behind Leon Knight..

I with you on this SS...he's history now. All this talk of Defoe not wanting to play for the 'Ammers-remind anybody of somebody last season? For the last three months or more with us BZ did not want to be at BHAFC and he's now another ex-Albion player. Time to move on.

Leon Knight Knight Knight!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I dont think he's a premiership flop. If he starts banging the goals in for West Ham Im sure premiership sides will be interested again, they are aware he didnt get a fair crack of the whip at Spurs.

I think West Ham will go back up this year, and wouldnt it be great to see Sir Bob put one past Spurs next year.

Good luck Bobby:clap: :clap:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here