Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Totally off topic - John Caudwell

bobbyzee

Feb 17, 2004
Division 1
dunno anything about him....but i bought a motorola v300 from phones 4 u last week and they were very professional and very helpful....

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
I saw a documentary on him - he takes no shit & demands 110% effort & profesionalism.

I thought he was a dick personally.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He'll demand 300% but only pay it to the minimum of staff.

However that might be why he lives in a mansion and commutes to work in a helicoptor, who am I to judge ;)

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
readingstockport said:
As you're all such clever people does anyone know anything about a chap called John Caudwell owner of phones4u, specifically what he's like to work for?

Thanks and sorry for being so off topic.

He will be like most "self made entrepreneurs" to work for. Wonderful so long as you are making them more money they can't possibly spend by screwing it out of other people regardless of the methods.

Shankly Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Littlehampton
A colleague of mine at work has just accepted an offer from them to join as Sales Director.

His reputed salary offer from Cauldwell is astronomical.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I saw the documentary that Eddie referred to. He was excessively demanding, paying good salaries but only to people who hit some tough targets.

I bet he's a real bastard to work for but I wouldn't have thought that would have made him much different from any other entrepreneur.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here