Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Totally agree with Mcghee in Argus today.....

skintboy

Jul 12, 2003
Eastborne
I agree with Mark Mcghee in what he says in this mornings argus,that in 18 months time this team is going to be "bloody good",it will take time and it won`t happen overnight but they are learning and I still think we will be good enough to stay up this season.This is a team for the future success of the club.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I agree too.

:clap2:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Doesn't sound like a man with an axe hanging over his head then :clap: Take note Ernest, Dick and Magoo are here for the long haul so pop off and find another team to deride and run down as your revolution is a non starter. Up your Arse :jester:

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
If he can build a team that will be bloody good, and avoid relegation this season against the odds that's fine with me.

Patience is a virtue, and we've certainly had to be patient as far as Falmer is concerned. I'm prepared to be patient as far as the team is concerned (unless we lose 12 on the trot again of course!)

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
There is no doubt that we have the makings of a good team. Whether they will be strong enough this season, however, remains to be seen.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I'm all up for that BUT if we want a good team in 18months time we MUST stay up this season. If we can just hang on then I see great things happening.

Here's hoping....

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I agree, if we stay up we will develop. We'll never get anywhere by going up and down, up and down. Think if we amange to stay up, and it will be hard!! The players will benefit and gain from it!!

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
How long has Charlie Oatway got left on his contract?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I can not see what the problem is so far. So okay we have 1 point but we have lost to the three teams who are sitting 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the leauge. Not a real problem from where I am. We all knew that this season would be hard. We all knew it was going to be a long one. I have faith that McGee will do his job which is to stay up. Then we can start plaining next season with the prospect of a new stadium decided by then(hopefully).

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Wardywonderland said:
I can not see what the problem is so far. So okay we have 1 point but we have lost to the three teams who are sitting 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the leauge. Not a real problem from where I am. We all knew that this season would be hard. We all knew it was going to be a long one. I have faith that McGee will do his job which is to stay up. Then we can start plaining next season with the prospect of a new stadium decided by then(hopefully).

Perhaps the reason they are in the top three is because they have had the pleasure of playing us?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Lammy said:
Perhaps the reason they are in the top three is because they have had the pleasure of playing us?

That privelege has only given each of them 3 points...they are top three on merit at the moment.

I'm quietly confident that we'll survive this season.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Zebedee said:
There is no doubt that we have the makings of a good team. Whether they will be strong enough this season, however, remains to be seen.

Agreed
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
skintboy said:
I agree with Mark Mcghee in what he says in this mornings argus,that in 18 months time this team is going to be "bloody good"

Playing devil's advocate the team is only going to be "bloody good" (can't see it myself) if they all stay together

If Harding continues his progress and performs well for England Under 21s, Leon keeps scoring and Cullip keeps defending well, do you reckon we'll have anymore than one of those players in 18 months time?

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Let's also remember that we have not made too many changes to the side that won the 3rd Division overall, so to get new young players into the team is going to take time to gel.

I think McGhee may be right, but will the supporters agree? I hope so. Tonight is fraught with danger in that respect, because lose to Bristol Rovers and the pressure is really on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here