Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tory election broadcast

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Venturing into good old fashioned 1930's German style propaganda to frighten the electorate.

"A broadcast on behalf of the hung parliament party"

Does 'Call me Dave' think he's lost the chance of an outright victory already?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
One thing that has annoyed me in the last few days in Labour and the Tories campaigning against a hung parliament, often using scare tactics.

If they don't want the British people to decide, they probably shouldn't have gone into politics.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
its disappointing that in the final analysis the tories resort to this sort of tactic rather than on what they will do and how. i thought they might pull out some policies once it was too late for Labour to nick them, turns out they forgot about them after all.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
But Scampi is it that his policies come up short and he knows it?

Could well be. But in that case tweak the policies, or if you really believe in them get out there and explain why. I'm still ready to be convinced by any of the mainstream parties, though the conservatives are probably lying third in the race for my all important vote.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
A hung Parliament will not be good for the country for all the reasons that have been stated many times before.The fact remains that HUGE cuts are required to spending as well as tax rises,whichever party/parties are in power after the election.
The country's finances are in deep shit and none of the parties are being honest about the cuts that will be required and also the taxes that will increase.
The next Government,whoever they are, will be very unpopular if they do the right thing for the long term health of the country....regrettably a hung Parliament will as likely make that process harder to achieve.The electorate are right to be very wary about a hung Parliament.....procrastination over taking the necessary action to restore the country's financial health will certainly lead to even harder times later down the line!

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
But Scampi is it that his policies come up short and he knows it?

In the real world,the only policy that will really matter will be how is the huge deficit going to be reduced....everthing else will fade into insignificance.
Believe me,it won't be nice.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Its clear though that lots of voters don't really care about policies. We've seen a huge boost for the liberal democrats not based on what they want to do but because they are perceived as being different to the other two parties.

There seems to be a general perception that a hung Parliament would be a good thing for the electorate as everything will have to work together. What it actually means is that nothing much will happen and what does happen will have been watered down so much to ensure it doesn't piss of the coalition partners.

Government ministers have a hard enough time making difficult decsisions already, this would just make it worse.

The tories are just pointing out that the idea of a hung parliament is something that shouldn't be welcomed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here