Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Toronto

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Hello North Stand Chat,

I am visiting Toronto for a few days leaving tomorrow, I've been before and have plans to do most of the stuff that I missed out on last time but am wondering if there are any lesser known places/things of interest in the big TO taht I should get my ass down to....

Cheers.

:)

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Air Canada Centre, definitely.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Science Centre in Don Mills-should be reasonably updated now

The ROM

Harbourfront generally

Yonge & Eglinton for a few decent bars and restaurants

Camarra's Pizza on Dufferin (can't remember if North or South of Lawrence-think it's just North and the best pizza...ever!)

Fort York (if open this time of year)

Casa Loma

McLauglin Planetarium (did a night school astronomy course there-excellent place)

Massey Hall is still one of the best places on the planet to see a concert.

For shopping try Square One in Mississauga

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Bwian said:
Camarra's Pizza on Dufferin (can't remember if North or South of Lawrence-think it's just North and the best pizza...ever!)

Can you bring me one back, MAX? Nice one. :)

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Not sure if you are allowed to bring pizza back.

Cheers Bwian and Andy, thats some good stuff right there.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Go see the Toronto Raptors at the Air Canada Centre, the timing is perfect as the NBA season begins today. Their first game is on Wednesday v Houston at 7pm which should be great as it wil be Vince Carter of the Raptors matching up with his cousin Tracy McGrady who will be making his Rockets debut. You will also get a chance to see 7ft 6' freak Yao Ming who plays for the Rockets as well.

Failing that game, they also have home games on Friday 7pm versus the reigning champions the Detroit Pistons and then Sunday at 12.30pm against Portland who are also pretty good.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Can you lay a Reef at the site where Christopher Reeve filmed the Niagra Falls Superman scene? ta muchly :thumbsup:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
samparish said:
You will also get a chance to see 7ft 6' freak Yao Ming who plays for the Rockets as well.

Where is he from?

There was someone called Ri something who was seven foot nine, but was not allowed to play as he was from a country that would not trade with the USA.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
CrabtreeBHA said:
Can you lay a Reef at the site where Christopher Reeve filmed the Niagra Falls Superman scene? ta muchly :thumbsup:

Any particular flavour ? Orange & Passionfruit is nice :jester:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
samparish said:
Go see the Toronto Raptors at the Air Canada Centre, the timing is perfect as the NBA season begins today. Their first game is on Wednesday v Houston at 7pm which should be great as it wil be Vince Carter of the Raptors matching up with his cousin Tracy McGrady who will be making his Rockets debut. You will also get a chance to see 7ft 6' freak Yao Ming who plays for the Rockets as well.

Failing that game, they also have home games on Friday 7pm versus the reigning champions the Detroit Pistons and then Sunday at 12.30pm against Portland who are also pretty good.

Sweet as.

:clap2:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
fatboy said:

That really is stupid. Yao Ming is from China, another communist country and he has done a lot of good for the relations between the two countries. Of course it does help that he is actually a very good player as well as being stupidly tall. However if this Ri guy wants to go to the NBA and some teams are interested he must be pretty good as well. The ruling really is daft as he could do so much to improve US-PRK relations. And on a more human level if he is good enough, his birthplace shouldn't make any difference to whether or not he gets the opportunity to play at the highest (no pun intended) level.

Admittedly that last bit is being wildly over-idealistic.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Strike said:
Uhm you will find that since 1999 China has not been a communist country.

I'm afraid it still is. It is certainly relaxing and is nothing like as hardcore as North Korea; western influence and industry are starting to make an impression but it is still a Communist country. It still has a big red flag and calls itself the 'People's Republic of China' which kinda give the game away.

PS. Pre-Mao, China's flag was not red. i don't know what colour it was, but it wasn't red. Similarly after the fall of communism in the former USSR the flag changed from red to the present flags of the various states, none of which are red.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Doesn't China's boss man still wear that little green suit? That's what all KOMMIES wear, innnit?

I bloody hate COMMUNISTS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here